CHAPTER FOUR

"Excuse me?"

Now, Alejandra had never been in a fight or experienced confrontation, but she wasn't about to back down. Especially since she now had powers. Though she hadn't used them much besides training and didn't plan to, since that would raise suspicion, she had been told her strength was better than the average humans.

It might not be fair to poor Lily, but life wasn't.

"Okay, wait, chill!" Lily quickly interjected, backing up when she noticed Alejandra slowly walking towards her with a glare. "I didn't mean it like that, okay?!"

Alejandra stopped and rolled her eyes. "Then why are you acting like that?"

The girl blushed. "Honestly? I just wanted to be a little mysterious too."

She couldn't suppress the laughter that erupted from her. "Dude, what?!"

"Oh, come on!" Lily whined. "Everyone knows me, except you! I just wanted to seem cool or something."

Alejandra's laughter subsided after a moment. "I'm not really interesting, trust me."

"I think you are." Lily insisted, pointing. "You show up here not remembering how, and you didn't even know what year it was? That is more than interesting!"

Alejandra lifted her chin partially as she crossed her arms. "What do you want from me?"

Lily stepped closer. "I have a feeling you are hiding something. Come on, you can tell me! I'm a good secret keeper!" She pleaded.

"And what do you think I'm hiding?"

Lily groaned, throwing herself onto Alejandra's bed. "See? You even talk so mysteriously! Come on, I'm your roommate now!"

"So what?"

"So!" Lily continued, "You can't really hide much in a small room, can you?"

Alejandra narrowed her eyes. It was kinda true. How was she going to have a plan with someone breathing down her neck? But could she trust the all-too-eager girl?

"You better keep your voice down, got it?" Alejandra warned after their brief staring contest.

Lily quickly nodded her head. "Got it."

Alejandra sighed as she sat next to the over-excited girl. "I don't know how else to say it, so, basically, I have superpowers."

"Wow, really?!"

Did she really believe her that fast? 'Well, there are superheroes out there' she realized, so it couldn't have been the craziest thing.

At Alejandra's nod, Lily squealed. "Could you show me?"

"Sure, I guess." Alejandra hoped this would work; otherwise, it would be embarrassing. She focused on her hands, and in an instant, a dark magical energy flowed through her palms. Thank goodness. She moved her hands and used the energy to lift up the dresser.

The woman had explained to her that her power would manifest and be based on what lied within Alejandra's soul.

Whatever that means...

She looked back at the girl, who smiled brightly as the dresser floated, surrounded by dark energy.

"Holy shit. That's so awesome! How did you-

"Don't ask me how I got these powers, okay? It's uh traumatic for me to talk about." Alejandra lied, though it was kinda true in a way.