CHAPTER SEVEN

It was the first class of the next day. This time, Alejandra and Lily shared this class and sat next to each other. They also shared the class with Peter and Ned, but they were sitting on the other side of the classroom from them.

The two girls were not listening to the teachers lecture as they were engrossed in a whispered argument about Lily's reluctance to watch the Star Wars movies when the teachers phone rang, causing them to fall silent.

The teacher paused mid-sentence, a furrow forming on her brow as she answered the call. "Yes?...Oh, I see. Thank you." With a click, she hung up.

Alejandra and Lily exchanged a look as the teacher scanned the room. They knew.

"Alejandra, please go to the principal's office." The teacher said as she met the girls stare.

Her friend looked at her with concern as Alejandra stood up, gathering her things. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Ned and Peter staring at her with the same expression. Clearly, they were aware of what was happening as well.

What was she going to do? Lily told her that Flash's parents (although pretty much absent) were rich and had a reputation. What if they tried to sue her or something? It was her last day here so she definitely would not be showing up in court. But the real issue was the unwanted attention that legal action or legal involvement could bring upon her.

She walked out the classroom, and with the assistance of the woman at the front desk, she found herself face to face with the principal, who was waiting for her in the hallway just outside his office door.

"Are you Alejandra?" The man asked kindly. The girl nodded in response, so he opened the door letting her walk in first.

As she entered, Alejandra withheld a smirk at the sight of Flash, his nose adorned with huge bandages. His parents, who seemed to be shooting daggers her way, were also present.

"Please, take a seat." The principal said as he walked past her, sighing as he sat in his chair.

Alejandra complied, settling herself comfortably herself as she leaned back with her arms crossed. Oh, the look on Flash's parents were priceless that she accidentally let out a snort.

"You think this is a laughing matter?!" She presumed Flash's father bellowed.

Maintaining a blank stare, Alejandra endured the barrage of angry words from both parents. Then, they started shouting at the principal for some reason. It took immense effort not to burst into laughter, but she managed. Finally, the principal was able to diffuse the situation.

The mother huffed indignantly, then glared Alejandra. "I hope you know we're pressing charges against you, young lady!"

What she was about to do might make her a horrible person, but she had no choice.

She tried to remember how she did it...

The two friends found themselves in their usual spot in the dimly lit abandoned warehouse. Lily watched in awe as Alejandra effortlessly lifted objects scattered around, even causing some to explode with her magical energy blasts.

"This is insane. Like, seriously, is there anything else you can do?" Lily said, her amazement evident.

Alejandra gently lowered the floating tire to the ground, her mind racing with an idea. "I can control minds."

"Seriously?!" Lily's eyes widened in disbelief.

Alejandra nodded, though inwardly she hesitated. The truth was, Alejandra hadn't used that power before. She knew she had that ability. But, it was the one thing the woman didn't show her how to do since there was no one but them to use it on.