Chapter 49

Two hours before midday, Airo and Pode already on their way to White Lotus Headquarter. The trip only take them thirty minutes walking distant, however to avoid lateness they took cart that only going to take half the time. Both of them were in silence the whole way, none of them want to utter the obvious. The obvious was that the younger male too kind for his own good, they had fight just earlier. Pode was unintentionally strike Airo's nerves, he unintentionally blamed the cousin for all of it. It's his too good to be human behavior that got them in this situations, his so easily to believe everything attitude that always got them in trouble. Then once they reach the headquarter gate, it's heavily guarded by the White Lotus' guards. They got halt by a stern-looking guard, his face showing his displease at both males.

"Identifications paper, please" immediately Airo handing him the paper, even with his family emblem.

"Taiqui family" firmly eyeing them again "What you got yourselves into this time?, oh yeah!. Accomplices of princess Azula" his tone so distasteful.

"We weren't!, we-" Pode tried to defend them, but the guard doesn't have time for it.

"Save it!, do you really think that I'm the one who should listen to this?. Both of you going to face royal court" both cousins widen their eyes as the 'Royal Court' were mention, look at each other in bewilderment. There's no information about them to be stand in court chamber, the guards last night only mentioned about Advisor Iroh.

"No!, no!. there's no mentioned about royal court from a guard last night" without answering to them the guard only gesturing his female subordinate to take them inside. With earthbend the others guard open the gate, they enters. Still following the female guard to the direction of advisor office, they haven't prepared their mental yet. If it's true that they will face royal court, then it's a red mark on their families name.

"What should we do, Pode?" Airo whispered, there's hint of panic in his tone.

"Honestly, I don't know either. Clearly there's no way we can turn back now" Pode countered with equal tone.

"Just plead your case, advisor Iroh is wise man. Besides avatar Aang will be there too, he obviously will let you pleading" says the female guard, both of them sighs at that. Somehow feeling relief.

"Thank you!" in unison.

"No need, although good luck. Both of you really need it" she said it as she open the large door to the a massive hall, apparently it's not advisor's office. The cousins visibly swallowing their fear as they could see there's plenty of people inside, froze in place they doesn't dares to take a step.

"Enter, please" Advisor Iroh commanded and it made them flinches, snapped them out of their mind. Slowly but sure they enters, they take a position in the middle of the room and immediately kneel down to the higher presences. Their surrounding were grim, the massive hall were dimly illuminated with fire. But their vision clear that the fire lord were seated above the throne platform, the avatar and advisor in each sides while the others have their own seats.

"State your identity!" an unknown voice commanded.

"My-, my name.... Airo. Th-, the only male Alpha and...., the oldest son of Kaito from Taiqui family" he stuttered, then nudge his older cousin to continues.

"My name Pode, a Beta male and the youngest son of Baito from Taiqui family" soon Pode stated that, the room hummed then he continue "Pardon us, fire lord Zuko!. We didn't even know that princess Azula had escaped from her captivity, we just helped the girl that we though had fled from her tribe. She came to our town with tiny ship"

"The ship, is there any symbols on it?" Master Pakku inquired from his seat, for a moment both cousin look at each other. Recalling the day they helped Azula, tracing their memories for some clues. And indeed there was, Pode noticed that the ship doesn't have symbols that indicating where the ship come from or from which tribes. At that time Pode didn't put much into his mind, thought the girl must be in hurried and hadn't time to be picky.