Resurrection

Oh, what a wonderful soul so bright inside you! Got power to heal the sun's broken heart, power to restore the moon's vision too

a few weeks later

The training hall buzzed with anticipation as Legolas, his upper body gleaming with sweat, faced off against Lytharial, who exuded newfound confidence from weeks of rigorous training. The air crackled with excitement, the echoes of their footsteps mingling with the murmurs of the assembled elves.

Legolas tightened his grip on his sword, his steely gaze locked onto Lytharial's determined expression. Despite her smaller stature, there was an undeniable strength in her stance, a testament to her unwavering resolve.

     "Ready to concede defeat, Lytharial?" Legolas taunted, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

Lytharial's lips curled into a defiant smile. 

     "Not a chance, Legolas. I've been waiting for this moment."

They lunged at each other with a flourish, their swords clashing with a resounding clang that reverberated throughout the hall. The spectators cheered, their voices blending into a cacophony of excitement as they watched the two formidable warriors engage in a fierce battle.

Amidst the chaos, bets were placed fervently, with some elves wagering on Legolas's unmatched skill and others placing their faith in Lytharial's prowess. The tension in the air was palpable, each swing of their swords met with bated breath and eager anticipation.

As the fight raged on, it became evident that Lytharial was holding her own against Legolas, her movements fluid and precise as she deftly countered his every attack. Despite his years of experience, Legolas found himself challenged, his brow furrowed in concentration as he sought to gain the upper hand.

The intensity of their battle only seemed to heighten as time wore on, the clashing of steel ringing out like a symphony of war. With each exchange, Lytharial pushed herself to her limits, drawing upon every ounce of strength and determination within her.

As the intense battle between Legolas and Lytharial reached its climax, the training hall fell into a tense silence. The crowd watched with bated breath, their eyes darting back and forth between the two combatants as they clashed with unmatched ferocity.

Legolas, his muscles tensed with exertion, pressed forward with a final, decisive strike. With a lightning-fast movement, he disarmed Lytharial, his blade poised inches from her chest. The crowd erupted into cheers as it seemed victory was within his grasp.

But Lytharial, undaunted by her momentary setback, refused to concede defeat. With a swift and fluid motion, she reached for a concealed dagger hidden at her side, her eyes flashing with determination as she held it aloft.

Legolas and Lytharial locked eyes, a silent understanding passing between them as they stood on the precipice of victory and defeat. The tension in the air was palpable as they assessed each other, their breaths coming in ragged gasps.

     "You fight well," Legolas remarked, his voice low and intense as he held his blade steady.

     "As do you," Lytharial replied, her tone tinged with respect despite the tension that hung between them.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as they stood locked in their silent standoff. The weight of their weapons felt heavy in their hands as they each awaited the other's next move.

And then, in a sudden burst of movement, Lytharial made her move. With a lightning-fast reflex, she lunged forward, her dagger poised to strike. But Legolas was quicker still, his instincts honed by years of combat as he deftly sidestepped her attack.