bet

When you arrive in hell, you dont expect to see anything else apart from the evilness or the sorrow in everyone.
No one usually cares about anything or anyone, they just care about theirselves.
So, you have two options: eat or be eaten.
In all senses.

You might own souls or you might have sold your soul, or none, but in my case, i had done both of the two options.

When i got down here, i immediately made myself known, gambling with lots of demons in different casinos.
I would usually bet in souls, and when you own a lot of them, you become really powerful.

So, i was an overlord for a while, i also had my own casino, where the souls i had won worked for me, tought i wasn't a complete monster, as i payed them right for their work.

It was nice to have that power for a while, but i was starting to play too much, as i did as when i was alive, and when you dealin' in souls...it can be pretty risky, but i didnt care as i had never lost a game before.

Till someone showed up at my table.
With that evil smile, oh he could fool anyone.

Alastor, most well known as the radio demon, who everyone in the pride ring was pretty afraid of.
Ive known him when we were alive, we were "pals" but also hated eachother a bit, i dont know how to explain it, he was a pain in the ass.

However, in hell we were both powerful, and i think he couldn't deal with that fact, so he challenged me.

I didn't think much of it, at the time i felt pretty confident about my skills, and having him on a leash would have increased my power a lot more.
.
.
His smile never left as he played.

I was starting to sweat, as i started feeling unsure.
.
I should have known better
.
.

As i was watching my defeat on that table, those cards...
.
.
I should have never made a bet with him.

A green chain appeared on my neck, as everyone around the casino was looking at me, shocked.

My gaze on the cards on the table, not daring to look back at the overlord who was in front of me, holding me by that chain, who slowly dissapeared.

«Fuck..theres no way- there's no-»

I mumbled, looking at the cards, panicking.

«It was a pleasure to play with you, ol' pal!
So, i'll call you when i need you?»

this motherfucker.

He had my soul now, which only meant i wasn't gonna be an overlord anymore, but mostly that he was definitely gonna use me for any favour he wanted me to accomplish for him.
.
That was the biggest mistake i had made in hell, Al would rarely call for my help, tought, i also had to deal with the dirty looks of the demons when they saw an alchoholic drinking at the bar instead of the rich overlord i was at the time.

I had nothing good in my life anymore, except alchohol, of course.

As i was in hell, i understood that i had lost the ability to love completely, i had already been betrayed when i was alive, and couldn't trust anyone the same anymore.

There was nothing for me to do anymore,
i felt fucking pathetic.
___________________________________________