poison

The sound of my phone ringing non-stop was disturbing my sleep, since it was basically next to my face.
I slightly opened my eyes, open enough to reject what seemed to be a call, and shut them back right after.

The realization must had hit me like a bus, cause i jumped and grabbed my phone almost immediately.
I quickly unlocked it, revealing the many missed calls and audios messages from Val.

I'm fucked.

My finger was an inch away from pressing one of the audios, somewhat my mind still hoping that there would be no threatening or slurs in it.

I decided not to listen to any of them, and check the time instead.
9.42 am

I immediately got out of the covers, carefully enough not to wake Fat Nuggets, and walked into my bathroom to take a shower.

After getting in it,
I turned up the heat on the water;
more, more and more,
till it was boiling.

My skin was burning for how hot it was, but i didn't dare to lower the temperature.

I raised my head, the steaming water on my face did kinda hurt, but it was comforting at the same time.

After washing up, i got out of the shower, immediately feeling dizzy and like i was gonna pass out.

I ignored everything, just walked to my closet, my vision getting blurry at the same time.

I chose to wear a black dress that showed my chest fluff, with no sleeves and lenght up to the thights.

Before leaving the room, i made sure to refill nugg's food bowl and gave him a little kiss.

«I'll be back soon, nuggs»

I ran downstairs, almost immediately taking a look at the bar, hoping there'd be a certain grumpy kitty there.

To my surprise, the bar was empty;
I looked around, confused.

«Hey Angel, goodmorning!»

I turned to see Charlie, vaggie and Al in front of a huge board, with many notes and doodles on it, probably looking for ways to make the hotel work.

«mornin'»

i replied, walking rapidly to the doors before the dollface started spitting questions i didn't want to answer at the moment.

«Are you going to work?»

She asked while i was bout to leave.

«duh»

i answered, already stressed and annoyed.

«Why so early?»

Her worried tone made me sad, however, i simply rolled my eyes.

«ask my boss.»

I murmured, pissed off as i closed the doors behind me.

As i was walking to the studio, after dealin' with some catcallers, i checked my phone.

Charlie had left me some messages where she asked if everything was alright at work, since she noticed that i came back really late usually.
She spammed many emojis like hearts and smiley faces, which made me question if i should have really given her my number.
I sighed, replying with
"I'll be back earlier today»
And turning my phone off right after.
I didn't know if that was gonna be a lie, it would have depended on Val's mood, obviously.
.
.
.

«Just what the fuck do you think you're doing, Anthony?»

He closed the door of my dressing room behind him, walking towards me.

His expression terrified me.

I stepped back, bumping into my cabinet and causing a perfume to fall to the floor and shatter.

«Val, please, i didn't mea-»

He slapped me, making me fall to the floor.
I must had tumbled onto some pieces of shattered glass, cause i felt an awful pain on my back.

His hand grabbed my neck tightly, so tightly, throwing me on a couch.

I couldn't breath anymore.

«YOU THINK NOW YOU LIVE WITH THAT BLONDIE BITCH, YOU CAN JUST GET AWAY FROM WORK?»

My eyes wide opened, i grabbed his arm just as tightly, trying to get him off me.

He laughed.

«you are lucky you make me money»

A pink chain appeared on my neck, he pulled me up to make me face him.
His eyes widened, red drool running out his mouth.

He grabbed my hair, pulling them harshly.

«You fucking belong to me, Anthony, don't forget that, understood?»

A golden contract appeared in front of my face, remembering me how fucking stupid i was each time he forced me to see it.

I observed my signature "Anthony" being written over it, with a small heart on the left.
A tear rolled down my eyes, as Valentino suddenly pulled my hair harder.

«UNDERSTOOD?»

«Yes, val»

The pink chain dissapeared, as he threw me on the floor.
a fucking smile appeared on his face, like he enjoyed seeing me like that.

«good boy.»

he said in a sweet tone, leaving my dressing room.

«Fix yourself, if i dont see you on set in 2 minutes shit is gonna happen»

He warned me, slamming the door as he left.

I stayed there, unable to get up from the floor nor to even move.

Drops of blood fell to the floor, i must had been fucked up badly at the moment.

The day hadn't even started, and i was already fucking bleeding and probably injured.

I touched my back with my hand, that got immediately covered in blood,

fuck.

I found the force to get up from the pavement, that now had many red spots and pieces of shattered glass all over it.

I limped to the mirror, looking at my reflection.
Val had gave me a black eye, that i proceeded to cover up with fondation.
My hands were shaking, i couldn't get ready to go on set, not in that state.

I heard screaming outside of the door so i fixed my hair and my dress to look presentable, then quickly left the dressing room.

The awful odor of that red vapour immediately entered my nostrils, making me feel dazed.

I walked into the set, as confident as one could be, and started my scene.
I caught the eye of the moth sitting on a couch, watching me with a wild smile on his face.

«Action!»
___________________________________________

Author's note:

Heyyy, hope yall are liking this story so far🫶🏻
Sorry for short chapter, next one's gonna be longer!