Addiction

I was in my room, chugging from a bottle of beer.
It was nearly 2 pm and i had no intention on going downstairs and open the bar.

The princess had knocked on my door many times, asking me if everything was alright or if i needed anything.
I didn't answer to most of the questions, i knew i should have gone downstairs and do my job, but i couldn't.
I just wanted to be alone, me and my beer, fuck everyone else in that place.

Suddenly, Al appeared in my room,
shit.

«Husker!»

I took a swig from my bottle, avoiding looking at him, cause i wasn't in the mood for that fuckhead's annoying smile.

«Tell me, what has got you in..such a state today?»

He made some static sounds while talking, which could only mean he was annoyed, i still couldn't care less tho.

If he'd think i'd be happy to stay at this place, workin' from 9 am to 9 pm everyday, he was wrong, for fuck's sake.

«You see, my friend, Charlie is already pretty worried, let's not make a scene here.»

He was just telling me to not make a scene cause he didn't want the princess and her girlfriend realizing that he had got them some useless alchoholic as a bartender to this place.

«Oh, wow, and what's she so worried about, huh?»

Surely about the fact that this hotel isn't working, and she's probably realizing how stupid it is to think that some sinners could change.

«I think it may be about that irritating spider that lodges at this hotel»

Angel Dust?

I thought about him for a moment, parts of last night coming to my mind, oddly making me anxious.

Why would the princess be worried?
had something happened to him?

Oh, fuck it, he's Angel,
really doubt somethin' happened to him..
It's probably just Charlie being Charlie, not that big of a deal and-

«So, would you come downstairs and open the bar, Husker?»

My thoughts got snapped away by his loud static voice, echoing in the whole room.

That wild smile still on his face, which made me lose my shit all the time; i hated fake people, who hid behind a mask, afraid to show their true colors, and he surely was one of those motherfuckers.

He tried to sound nice, but i knew i didn't have a choice; if i said no he'd simply force me anyways, so i decided to just get up.

He opened the door of the chamber for me, and walked behind me as i went downstairs.

Vaggie was taking my place at the bar and when she saw me, she gave me a dead stare and left the place, going up to Charlie.

I got behind the counter, taking a bottle of cheap booze in my hand and downing it.

I took a glance at the princess, who was walking around the living room, seemingly uneasy while Vaggie was reassuring her.
When she saw me and Alastor, she came up to us almost immediately.

«Oh, hi Husk! is everything all right? are you feeling unwell? if you're not feeling good i could stay at the bar today it's no worry just-»

The princess started, getting interrupted by Alastor.

«Oh, don't you worry about him, darling! he's just doing fine, right Husker?»

he looked my way, smiling and tilting his head, what an asshole.

I simply nodded, taking another swig from my bottle.

Alastor dissapeared, leaving me and the princess alone.

«Uhm..Husk, i was thinking..maybe you shoulddd...lower the drinking a bit?»

She suggested, in a worried tone.
I started cleaning some glasses while she spoke, not really interested in whatever she had to say already.

«You know..just reduce it one tiny bitty iny! I could make you a schedule where i put the amount of drinks you should have per day, maybe, and also we could all do exercises to-»

I decided to cut her off and go with whatever idea she had, so she would have left me alone.

«Yeah. Sure, princess, go make that.»

A spark appeared in her eyes,
i was already starting to regret what i told her.

She got all excited and ran upstairs; i felt kinda bad, but i wasn't one of her patients at this place, and i surely wasn't tryna gettin' into Heaven.

The princess came back some moments after, handing me a piece of paper.

I looked at her, confused, then took a glance at the paper in my paws; It had many doodles of rainbows and hearts on it, there were written all the days of the week, under them the maximum of drinks i could have each day.
Every single word was highlighted and each drawing was colored in pastel.
It looked like a drawing a 4yrs would have made.

I looked over and met Charlie's eyes, who were sparkling, as she looked so proud of it.

I sighed,

«Thats- yeah, i'll try to follow it i guess.»

She suddenly screamed, making me jump.

«THAT IS AMAZING, HUSK! I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET THIS, OH MY GOD IM JUST SO HAPPY I- VAGGIE YOU WON'T BELIEVE-»

The princess ran to her girlfriend, upstairs, as i was just standing there, speechless.

I rolled my eyes, crumpling the paper and putting it in my pocket.

I rested my arms on the counter, as i was already fucking tired of staying there.
I stared at the empty living room, then glanced to the bar stool in front of me.

I started thinking about last night, how i spent hours playing poker with that spider.

I eventually found myself smiling, at the thought of how he started cussing in italian each time he lost.
It was kinda funny.

However, i knew he was just an asshole who was tryna trick me with his stupid games; flirtin' with me all the times and always pushin' ma boundaries.

But still, the thought of Angel kept lingering in my mind, even if i tried to avoid it as best as i could.
___________________________________________