Poker game

How did i get myself in this shit?
Standing behind a counter in Lucifer's daughter "redemption hotel".
The princess, just some time before, had explained to me what was her plan about getting sinners into Heaven.
I listened to her quietly, analyzing every word she used with an huge amount of excitment.

Even if i felt empathy for her, i can't deny that, if i hadn't been forced from Al to stay, i woulda get the fuck out of this place.
.
.
«Hey Husk, it's pretty late, you sure you dont wanna go sleep?»

She asked me.
well, it was nearly 1 am, but thanks to my insomnia i couldn't sleep at all.

«Don't worry about it, princess.»

She smiled warmly at me, returning upstairs.

I'd usually go to some casino or bar at night and just hungover the next morning, tho, i was stuck there.
All the lights were turned off, except the ones of the bar, where i was standing behind the counter.
1:43
I read from my watch, proceeding to take a swig from my cheap booze.

I hoped that, if i drank enough bottles, i'd eventually pass out, even if i actually could hold much more alchohol than that.
so i drank some more
again,
again,
again.

Suddenly, a creaked sound alarmed my cat hears, makin' me jump.
The doors of the place were slowly opening, revealing a slander figure i didn't exactly recognize.

The sound of high boots on the pavement made me roll my eyes at the thought of that annoying spider, i had met that morning.

I tried pretending to clean some glasses,
as he got closer.

I turned to look at him, he had a pissed expression on his face, and after he sat on a bar stool, he slammed his head on the counter, in front of me.

«a strong one»

he simply said, in an angry tone.

«you look like shit»

i said, while mixing some drinks togheter.
He got his head off the counter, not a comment, just felt him staring at me as i poured the drink into a glass.

«Yeah, not possible, kitten.»

i rolled my eyes, here we are again.
I handed him the drink, but instead of taking it, he kept his eyes locked on me, with his stupid ass smirk.

«What was your name again, hun?»

he asked, resting his chin in his hands.

«somethin' like..husker?»

he continued, taking a few sips from his drink.
I cringed at the name, it must have been really visibile, cause he started laughing.

«what? i heard Al call you that, if i can remembe'»

«It's just Husk»

i corrected him,

«only he calls me that.»

There was a moment of silence, he stared at the counter with no emotions, taking different swigs from his drink, his posture being classy as usual.

I caught myself staring at his calm expression, his eyes, who had some ran up mascara and huge bags under.

«Uh..Angel, right?»

I asked, nervously, to break the silence.
His gaze quickly left the counter he had been staring for eternity, switching to my face.

«oh, yeah babes.»

he answered after such a long pause, like he was actually thinking about it.
He smirked, leaning in on the counter.