Chapter Three

At the top is a picture of Miriam (Beatrice stepmom). I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I really would like to know what you guys think :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's officially Friday and I have yet to figure out what I want to do. I haven't spoken to Jade in two days. She's called but I didn't answer. The first two encounters we've had has been confusing. I don't know what's going on with me. I have enough going on in my life. I need to cut things now before it gets worse.

I start the car and cut on the air conditioner to cool it off. Minutes later, Miriam walks out the house with my father close behind. He opens the passenger door and she slides in with grace. She looks at me and I smile. My father gets in the back and I back out of the driveway.

Miriam suggested that my father joins us on our little mall trip. My father tried to get out of it but it was to no use. I have no idea why Miriam doesn't want to be alone with me. You would think I was trying to kill her or something.

My father opens the door to the Ala Moana mall. I smile and walk inside. Miriam hooks her arm around my father. This day should be interesting.

"Hey Miriam I think that dress would look killer on you." She turns her head and there is an all-white knee length lace dress hanging in the mirror. Her eyes light up. "Shall we go inside?" I unhook her from my father and pull her towards the store.

The dresses inside where beautiful. Some were a bit too much for my taste. I spot a store clerk nearby. "Excuse me ma'am, can we have some help please?"

The clerk smiles and walks over. "Hello. My name is Leanne. How can I assist you?"

"I would like to see this dress please." I smile and point towards the manikin.

"Sure thing. If you could follow me please." She turns and heads off towards the back of the store. She unhooks the dress from the rack and hands it to me. "Would you like to try it on?"

I hand the dress to Miriam. She follows the woman to the fitting room.

"Thank you sweetheart." My dad says. "I know Miriam is being extremely difficult but I thank you for still trying.

"I don't know what I did." I whisper. "I never tried to break you guys up. I didn't take you guys through hell." I shrug. "I can only try for so long dad."

My dad sighs and kisses my head. "I know sweetheart."

Miriam emerges from the back in the dress. She look stunning. I wish her personality matched her looks. Doubtful. I see no good coming from that woman unless it's towards my father.

"You look beautiful love." My dad praises.

"Yeah you do." I compliment.

She smiles and turns back around. I see her flush a little when my father was staring at her. I know for a fact that she loves my father and isn't with him for the money. But he came with a package. She should accept the whole thing, not half of it.

I look outside of the store and see Jade. My breathe hitches and I quickly turn my head. Miriam comes from the back and her and my father go pay for the dress. I walk closely behind but in the end she still manage to spot me. She starts walking towards me and I shake my head no making her stop dead in her tracks.

"Ready to go sweetheart?"

I nod my head and we leave the store. I walk past Jade and her confused expression. She is not something I can handle right now, especially in front of my parents.