Chapter Eight

I stumble into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. Man I look rough. I barely got any sleep last night and my face shows it. I cut on the shower and let it heat up as I gather me some clothes.

I take a quick shower and get dressed. I throw on my red two piece bikini and grab a towel. I go outside to the pool and just swim around for a bit. Anything to clear my head but that barely even worked.

I thought about calling Matt but I didn't in the end. I just wanted to be alone for now just in case I did see Jade today. Although she hasn't done anything wrong, I don't like the feeling I got when I saw her with that girl. I don't even know what that was.

My phone rings and I swim over to it. Jade. Speak of the devil.

"Hey."

"You answered."

"Why wouldn't I?"

She sighs. "You know why." I hear her car door close. "Can we meet?"

"Yeah just come to my place."

I give her the address and hang up the phone. I swim around in the pool until she arrives. I hear the doorbell ring. I wrap a towel around me and head to the front door. And there she is. Standing there in a pair of white shorts and a pink bikini top.

She walks inside and I close the door. I turn and she catches me off guard with a hug. My shock quickly leaves and I hug her back. I close my eyes, breathing in her scent. Enjoying the feeling of being in her arms.

Wait. What am I saying? I let her go. I walk back outside to the pool and she follows. We sit down in the lounge chairs.

"This place is nice." She says. "Kind of reminds me of mines."

I nod. "I thought the same thing when I went to your place." Jade looked tired. Like she hardly got any sleep. She rubs her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She says but I don't believe her one bit.

"Hmph, that girl must be some kisser then." Jade looks at me with wide eyes. "When I spoke to you, you weren't okay. That's why I drove over there."

"You came to check on me?" Okay, dial down the shock.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I smile.

"Because I didn't think you cared." Now it was my turn to be shocked. "You barely talk to me now. When we speak, it's so vague."

"I was busy." Not really. I just don't know how to be around you sometimes.

"Yeah with that guy Matt." She says with distaste.

What in the hell? "How do you know about Matt?"

"Doesn't matter." She says lowly. "I know about him though." She looks me in the eyes. "Is he the reason why you went distant?"

"No. why do you care who I date anyway? You have a girlfriend."

She laughs and shakes her head. "That is not my girlfriend."

It was my turn to laugh. "Oh excuse me. Friends with benefits then."

"Jealous?" She smirks.

"Not even close."

"It's okay. I already know."

"Know what?"

"I'm not going to say it." She smiles as if she knew something that I didn't. "I'm going to let you be the one to say it." She stands and strips off her shorts. "Come."

She pulls my hand and we go into the pool. "Just tell me."

"No." She smiles. "I want to let you figure it out on your own. But don't worry, I'll be there to help you."