Chapter Seven

It's been a week since I did that pop-up at Jade's house and man do I regret it. At the same time, for some reason I feel grateful. I know there was something going on between Jade and I but I don't think that was something I was prepared to handle.

On the other hand, I've gotten really close with Matt. He's came over to the house twice already and I think my father actually likes him. He's on his way now so to speak. My dad and I are going to cook lunch and we all can just hang out by the pool and enjoy each other's company.

I was pouring chips into a bowl when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it." I yell.

I open the door and there he is. Matt was hot. Standing there with his khaki cargo shorts and plain white t-shirt. He hands me yellow roses and I smile.

"They're beautiful." He kisses my cheek and he comes inside. "Come this way."

"You know, I've heard about this place but I've never been inside." He says as he looks around the living. This place is huge."

"That's what I said."

My father walks into the kitchen. "Matt how are you?"

"Mr. Gonzalez." They shake hands. "Here let me help you with that?"

Matt takes the chip and salad bowl from my hands. I show him outside to the table where he sits them. Miriam walks out the back door and takes a seat at the table. She hasn't said anything to me. She barely looks at me.

I pour her a glass of lemonade and sit it in front of her. My dad places two pans of meat on the table. One of ribs and the other one is chicken. I pass out plates to everyone. Miriam barely budge. I can tell her and my father still hasn't officially made up yet.

"Hey Miriam." She looks at me. The intensity of her look makes me pause before speaking again. "Have you been on the yacht yet?"

She looks at my dad before looking at me. "What yacht?"

"Dad rented this yacht one night and I thought it was absolutely beautiful."

"And I couldn't go with you guys?" She says to my father.

My father drops his fork on the plate. "Maybe if you stop being so stubborn and speak to Trice, you would be included on more activities we do." My dad says with a bit of an edge.

"Excuse me?" She says shocked.

"The point is." I say. I don't want them arguing in front of my company. "I got the yacht for you guys for the weekend. You will be leaving at 7 this evening and you won't be coming back until Sunday evening."

"That's insane." She says.

"Call it what you want but you are going." I say to her. "So after you're done eating, you can go and pack a small bag. Although, you probably won't be wearing the things you have inside of it."

She coughs up her drinks and my father looks at me with wide eyes. "Beatrice."

"What?" I laugh. "You guys need to loosen up."

I bite into my rib and wink at my father. He laughs and shakes his head. I know I can be a bit much sometimes but hey they need this. They need to fix whatever it is that has them so angry with each other. I can take Miriam being mad at me. But I can't take them being mad with each other.

"These ribs are really good Mr. Gonzalez." Matt says.

"Thanks son." My father sips his drink. "I let them marinate for a couple of days before I cook them."

"I've never grilled anything before."

"I can give you a few pointers while I'm here."

"Sounds like a plan." Matt looks at me and smile. He has such a beautiful smile. "Want to watch a movie with me later?"