Chapter Eighteen

I stand at the gate holding my sign with Lia's name on it with lots of other people. I can barely contain myself as I wait for her to emerge through the crowd. I miss my best friend and I would love nothing more but to tell her everything that's been going on in my life.

I decided to tell her today about Jade and I. Miriam volunteered to be there for me for moral support. Of course I accepted it. I would have took Miriam as the person to throw it in my face and make fun but she has been so supportive. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I hear a scream and see Lia running towards me. She bumps into a guy and he stumbles. She yells a sorry over her shoulder and run straight into my arms.

"I missed you so much." She says still hugging me.

I squeeze her harder. "You have no idea." I say.

We hug for a few seconds longer. I help her with her bags and we head out. On the drive home, she tells me about how boring Lexington is because half of the people already left for college. Poor thing. I'm just glad she was able to make it here. I know this is something she will enjoy.

"Have you talk to Chase?" She asks once she sticks her head back inside of the car.

"Yeah he called for a quick second a few weeks ago." I smile. "He's bonding with the teammates."

"I just hope they don't put him thru any rookie hazing rituals." She says and I grimace.

"Please don't put that image in my head."

"I'm just stating what usually happens. Not a lot of people get caught."

"Amelia."

"Sorry."

I may not be with Chase anymore but he is still a good friend of mine. I would hate for someone to ruin the moment he worked so hard to get too. He's a good person and doesn't deserve that.

We pull up to the house. We get her things out the car and head inside. My parents in the kitchen cooking spaghetti. It's her favorite. My father always made her feel welcomed and never treated her differently. So when we both messed up, we both got in trouble.

"Thank you guys for letting me invade your vacation." She says to them as she gives them each a hug.

Miriam scoffs. "Amelia please. You're like our second daughter. And quite frankly, I would've been surprised if you didn't show up."

She laughs. "You got a point there."

"Go and put your things up and by the time you're done, your food should be ready." My dad says to her.

Amelia looks at me and squeals. I roll my eyes playfully and pick up her things, carrying them to her room. She will be staying in one of the vacant rooms downstairs. I sit on the bed while she put up her things.

"Spill and I want to know all the details." She looks at me and hang a dress in the closet.

I look down and fumble with my fingers. I can't tell her yet about Jade and I. I still don't know how to tell her. She knows that I made up with my dad and everything. Oh wait I got it.

"Oh Miriam and I are on extremely good terms."

"I see that." She smiles. "How did that happen?"

I shrug. "Neither one of us want to put my father in a situation where he has to choose. He has enough on his plate."

"I'm so happy for you guys."

"Then Miriam admitted to me that her and my dad was having an affair on my mom."