Chapter Sixteen

"Hey dad what are you guys doing this weekend?" I ask before sticking a spoon full of eggs into my mouth.

He swallows his food and wipes his mouth. "I have no idea."

"Their should be plenty of events going on so we'll more than likely attend one of those." Miriam adds.

"Why what do you have planned?" He asks.

"I have a few things lined up." And then I remember. "Oh and Lia will be here Friday. I figure she would enjoy spending both Fourth of July and her birthday here."

"Oh she'll definitely enjoy that." Miriam smiles.

"We can have a barbecue this Saturday." I say trying to make some kind of plans to do with them for that day.

It's Tuesday, so that will give me a few alone days with Jade before I have to restrain myself for the upcoming week of no touchy feely. I think I can handle it. Especially if it's worth seeing Lia.

I get a text from her saying she's booked her ticket. Crazy person, I was going to buy it. That's fine, I'll just reimburse her.

My dad comes and joins me by the pool. He sits beside me and sticks his feet in the water. I know he still thinks I'm mad at him, which I am. But I've also forgave him and moved past it. I wish he would too.

"Dad we're good." I say reassuringly.

"Are we?" He asks and I can see the doubt clear as day.

"We are." I kick the water off my feet and stand. "I'm going to change. I want to go for a swim." I say and excuse myself.

I go and change into my two piece burnt orange bikini. When I get to the bottom of the stairs, my phone beeps. I smile and walk back up the stairs. I throw on my white knee length summer dress, grab my keys and leave.

I pull up to Jade's house. I get out the car and walk straight inside the house, locking the door behind me.

"Jade." I call out to her.

She walks out of the kitchen and I smile. She looks so beautiful in her grey and navy blue bikini. She comes over and kisses me. I practically melt into her.

"Glad you're dressed for the occasion." She takes hold of my hand. "Come with me."

I follow Jade up the stairs of her home. I thought we were going to her room but she turns down a hallway going the opposite direction.

We get to the end of the hall and she opens a brown wooden door. We walk inside and there was a white staircase. The hallway was dimly lit. When you got to the bottom of the first half, the hallway turned. When we get to the bottom I did not expect to see this.

"Oh this is beautiful."

Jade has taken me to her indoor pool. The floor was a white tile. When you enter the room, there is brown wooden wall to the right that holds a few small lights. The left side of the room illuminate dim purple and white lighting. The pool sat on the right side of the room where a movie played on the right wall.

I look at Jade and back at the room. "You are a lucky girl."

She smiles. "I'm aware."

Jade walks over to the end of the room where a small bar was located. She lifts up a wine bottle and two wine glasses. She sits them down by the pool before standing in front of me.

She place her hands on my thighs, hiking my dress up until it's completely over my head and toss it aside. My body involuntarily shivers from her touch.