3: Raghuwanshi Estate

Shreya's heart sank at Rajveer's response, her instinct screaming at her to resist, to flee from this situation.

But she couldn't leave Aayat alone, not when she sensed the fear radiating from her friend like a palpable aura.

Aayat's hand trembled as she reached out to clutch Shreya's arm for support, her eyes pleading silently for guidance.

Despite her own apprehension, Shreya squeezed Aayat's hand reassuringly, silently promising to stand by her side no matter what.

Rajveer's gaze hardened as he observed their silent exchange, his resolve strengthening with each passing moment.

"You have no choice in the matter," he stated firmly, his tone brooking no argument. "It's not safe for either of you to be out here alone. Now, get in the car."

After that they didn't argued anymore. Shreya sat in the back seat along with Aayat.

Shreya hesitated for a moment before turning to Rajveer, her voice softening with concern.

"Um, Rajveer Bhai, I know it's a lot to ask, but... could Aayat stay with you tonight? It's late, and I'm worried about her being alone."

Shreya's voice dropped to a whisper as she continued, "And besides, everyone at the haveli would have already gone to sleep by now. It's safer for Aayat to stay with you."

Aayat's anxiety and confusion mounted as she struggled to make sense of the situation.

"Shreya," she whispered, her voice trembling slightly, "why doesn't Mr. Raghuwanshi stay in the haveli like everyone else? Aren't you all in a joint family?"

Shreya took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to ease Aayat's concerns.

"Well, you see, the haveli is part of a large estate," she explained gently. "And we have several villas within the estate for the heirs to stay in.

It's just.. that bhai stays there often during his scheduled work, it's his private place."

Aayat's confusion lessened slightly at Shreya's explanation, but her fear only grew as she realized the implications of staying with Rajveer in his private villa for the night.

Gasping in realization, she turned to Shreya, her eyes wide with alarm.

"I-I think I'll be fine on my own," she stammered, her voice quivering with apprehension. "I can look for a hotel nearby."

Shreya glanced at Rajveer, noticing his silence and the unreadable expression on his face. "Rajveer Bhai?" she prompted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Rajveer remained silent, his gaze fixed on the ground as he wrestled with his thoughts.

The air around them grew heavy with tension, leaving Shreya and Aayat waiting anxiously for his response.

Rajveer's voice cut through the tense atmosphere with a sudden possessiveness, his tone brooking no argument.

"Your friend will stay with me for the night," he declared firmly, his eyes locking onto hers with a commanding intensity.

"It would be highly unethical for my cousin's friend to stay in a hotel room when we have plenty of space in our estate."

Aayat's heart raced with a mixture of fear and uncertainty as she met Rajveer's intense gaze.

She swallowed hard, feeling a sense of unease settle in the pit of her stomach at the thought of spending the night alone with him in his private villa.

Yet, she found herself unable to protest, cowed by the authority in his voice and the weight of his words. that's it. after his confession, silence swept throughout the ride.