4: Want her

RAJVEER'S POV

Seated in the plush confines of my study, a glass of amber liquid in hand, I surveyed the scene before me with a sense of anticipation mingled with something darker, something primal. My gaze was fixed intently on the screen of the PC, my Bluetooth conneccted to the phone in my dest. the device a window into the unsuspecting world of Aayat, the girl who had unwittingly become the object of my fascination.

As I watched her sleeping form, a twisted smile tugged at the corners of my lips, the thrill of the hunt coursing through my veins like a drug. There was something exhilarating about the power I held in that moment, the ability to observe her every move without her ever knowing.

The voice of my PA broke through the silence, pulling me back from the brink of my reverie. With a dismissive wave of my hand, I ended the call, my attention returning to the document that lay open before me. Aayat Sehgal, the name danced mockingly across the screen, a reminder of the innocent facade she presented to the world.

But I knew better. I had seen the darkness that lurked beneath that facade, the hidden depths of her true nature that she so desperately tried to conceal. And now, armed with the knowledge of her identity, I felt a sense of satisfaction wash over me, a predator reveling in the thrill of the chase.

In the dimly lit study, Rajveer reclines in his oversized leather chair, an aura of menace enveloping him like a cloak. His fingers clasp around a crystal tumbler, swirling the deep amber liquid within as if contemplating the mysteries of the universe. His eyes, dark and intense, remain fixed on the glowing screen of his phone, which casts an ethereal light on his chiseled features, highlighting the determination etched into every line of his face.

As the voice of his personal assistant echoes through the room, Rajveer's grip tightens imperceptibly on the phone, his expression betraying a hint of anticipation. With a flick of his thumb, he ends the call, his attention turning to the document that lies open before him.

With a calculated indifference, he scans the contents, absorbing the details of Aayat Sehgal's life with a cool detachment. Her name, age, and occupation flash across the screen, each piece of information a mere fragment of the puzzle that is Aayat. To Rajveer, she is not just a name on a page but a challenge waiting to be conquered.

A sardonic smirk tugs at the corners of his lips as he contemplates the facade of innocence that Aayat presents to the world. He knows better than to be fooled by appearances, having glimpsed the darkness that lurks beneath the surface. With a sense of satisfaction, he closes the document, his mind already racing with plans and schemes to unravel the enigma of Aayat Sehgal.

Leaning back in his chair, Rajveer's gaze shifts to the darkness beyond the window, a glint of anticipation gleaming in his eyes. In that moment, he feels a surge of power coursing through his veins, a thrill unlike anything he's ever known. And as he plots his next move, a sense of exhilaration washes over him, fueling his determination to uncover the truth behind Aayat's carefully guarded secrets.

"Oh, Aayat Sehgal, 21 year old kitten , living in jsr." I mused aloud, the sound of her name leaving a bitter taste on my tongue.

With a cold chuckle, I closed the document, my mind already racing with plans and schemes to unravel the mystery of Aayat Sehgal.

"Ah, Aayat Sehgal, the innocent lamb wandering into the lion's den. How amusing"

"Sleep soundly, Aayat, for it may be the last peace you ever know. Your reckoning draws near."
.........

Okay so i know i know. I've told you already this not a normal book, not an very explicit one but not so sweet and lovey dovey. So as i said he's a psycho for real. He had his eyes on her since the moment he fixated his eyes. He knew she was all his and only his. So the story is getting interesting in the 2nd chapter only so think about the upcoming ones. Stay tuned.

As Aayat stirred from her sleep, the sound of a gentle knock on the door pulled her from the realms of dreams into the waking world. Rubbing her eyes, she shuffled to the door and swung it open, greeted by the smiling face of the maid. "Good morning,miss Aayat," the maid chirped. "Shreya mam has come to take you to the haveli."

Aayat nodded sleepily in response and made her way to the bathroom to freshen up. The warm water of the shower revived her senses, and she quickly went through her skincare routine, not bothering to change out of her comfortable night suit-a habit she often indulged in when staying in for the day.

Rushing down the stairs, she collided with someone unexpectedly. Strong arms reached out to steady her, and she found herself face to face with Rajveer. Their eyes locked for a moment, but she sensed a coldness in his gaze-a distance that sent a shiver down her spine. "Thank you," she murmured softly, but he simply brushed past her and headed downstairs without a word.

Feeling a pang of confusion, Aayat followed Rajveer and joined Shreya at the dining table. The atmosphere was tense, with Rajveer showing no reaction to their presence. Shreya exchanged pleasantries with him, but his responses were curt, devoid of warmth.

As they sat down to eat, the girls engaged in light-hearted conversation, trying to ease the palpable tension in the air. However, the mood shifted when Shreya brought up the topic of Aayat's boyfriend. Aayat rolled her eyes in exasperation, knowing all too well that it was just another one of Shreya's jokes. "Come on, Shreya, you know I don't have a boyfriend," she retorted with a playful smile, hoping to diffuse the awkwardness.

They continued their meal in silence, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavily in the air.

"Bhai, badi mummy was expecting you to join us for a week." Shreya affirmed.

"Tell her if she's up to those stupid marriage proposals then I'm out." Rajveer acknowledged with authority.

"I don't know bhai, but i don't think so that would be the reason. I'm sure there's something else."

"I'll be there tonight."

Shreya nodded at his response and looked back to Aayat.

"You know what Aayat, Aarhan bhai is coming back from Spain today. I'm pretty sure right now, people in the haveli must be discussing about the upcoming thing, and as i left to join you."

"Shreya, do Prisha also lives in the estate, or she's gone somewhere for her further studies." Aayat asked with curiosity. She did not expected Rajveer to look at her with suspicion.

"Prisha, also stays in the haveli." Shreya affirmed hesitatedly.

"But didn't she wanted to stay abroad for her further studies?"

"Yes she did, but unfortunately she was not allowed."

"Are you kidding me that's so mean. " Aayat said while rolling her eyes.

Shreya hesitatingly glanced at Rajveer to see his reaction, his eyes had darken. No, he was getting tempered.

"Leave it na Aayat, and also she has changed her mind of going abroad you know. "She tried to defend as much as possible.

As Aayat and Shreya arrived at the haveli, they were welcomed with open arms by the members of the household. Aayat was particularly greeted with great respect, which warmed her heart. Rajveer's mother, in particular, was delighted to see her, reminiscing about the days when Aayat's mother and she were inseparable high school friends.

"Oh Aayat, it's been too long! Your mother and I used to have the best times together," Rajveer's mother exclaimed, embracing Aayat warmly.

Aayat returned the embrace with a smile, feeling the warmth of the connection between their families. "Yes, it has been a while Aunty.I'm so glad to be here," she replied sincerely.

-----------

Instagram @/ Jyrawrites
Don't forget to vote each vote contributes to one new chapter.