10.)part 2

Comments kardooo jaldiiii:

                            " मेरे दिल ने चुन लाइयां सी तेरे दिल दियान रहन,
                               तू जो मेरे नाल जो रहनदा तुर्पे मेरी या सहन,
                                         जीना मेरा हाए , हुन है तेरा "

---

I paced the length of my penthouse, my mind a storm of thoughts i couldn't escape. The city lights outside cast an eerie glow through the floor-to-ceiling windows, but their beauty was lost . I was in no mood to appreciate anything tonight.

I had taken Aayat back, locking her away in the spare room as if confining her could somehow contain my rage and frustration. My mind was a whirlpool, the shocking revelation of her true identity haunting my every thought.

Aayat, the woman who had dared to defy me, was the heiress to my greatest rival. The irony of it gnawed at me, a cruel twist of fate I couldn't ignore. She might not even know who she truly was, but that didn't matter to me .the anger burning in my chest like a wildfire.

I sat at my desk, papers and files spread out before me. I tried to focus on my work, to drown out the chaos in my mind, but it was impossible. My  thoughts kept drifting back to Aayat, to the way she had looked at me with defiance, the fear in her eyes when she realized my true nature.

"Damn it!"

I cursed, slamming my  fist onto the desk. The force of the blow sent papers flying, but I didn't care. I needed control, needed to reclaim the power i felt slipping through his fingers.

How could she be my rival's heiress?

The very thought was maddening. It was as if the universe was mocking me, throwing this woman into my path to torment me. I  had always been the predator, the one in control, but Aayat had flipped my world upside down.

My  mind raced with possibilities. Did she know? Was she a pawn in some elaborate scheme? Or was she truly ignorant of her lineage, an innocent caught in the crossfire of their long-standing feud?

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. I turned to see Aayat standing there, her eyes wide and cautious. The sight of her ignited a fresh wave of anger, but also something else, something he refused to acknowledge.

"What do you want?" I barked my  voice harsh and unforgiving.

She hesitated, then stepped into the room, her gaze never leaving mine.

"I want to understand,"

she said quietly.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?"