𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐕 - 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐢𝐧

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

Pip sat anxiously at the entrance to the graveyard, nearly about to spring up and start pacing. "Where could they be?" He pondered aloud, looking around for any hint of his best friend's arrival. He attempted to calm himself down, thinking that nothing bad could have happened to them. It's not like they could die twice. Even with this knowledge, it was still second nature for him to be concerned about them. He didn't want to lose them again.

He snapped out of his nerve-filled trance when he saw a familiar figure approaching, their form lit by the setting sun. "[Name]!" Pip called, rushing over to them and locking them in an embrace. "Hey Philip," they greeted, wasting no time in returning the hug. "Sorry I took so long, I stopped to talk to a friend," they explained. Their words were like a blanket of relief, stifling his worry that had grown like a weed.

"That's okay! You're here now," Pip replied. After a few moments, he let his hold on them slacken, pulling away from the hug. He would've held onto them more, but he didn't want to appear too clingy. The two made their way to their usual spot, with [Name] talking about how their day had went, upon Pip's request.

He listened intently to their every word, but the mention of Wendy's sleepover caught his attention. "You're gonna go?" He asked, wondering if it was a good idea. "Probably. Why?" [Name] responded with a small, questioning tilt of their head. "You're a ghost. What if they react badly?"

Pip's words gave them pause. They hadn't even considered that possibility, seeing as the people they hung around never really minded them being deceased. "Oh, yeah. Well, what's the worst thing that can happen? If they react badly, I can just leave. It'll be fine," [Name] answered, hoping to assure their best friend that all would work out. While it did work, he was still not completely convinced.

Before anything else could be said, an odd sound that definitely didn't sound like it came from a woodland creature was heard from the woods. It fizzled into silence, soon replaced by the sound of footsteps that got louder each time. It captured both Pip and [Name]'s attention, their gazes darting over just in time to see the son of Satan coming over.

"Oh, Damien! What a splendid surprise!" Pip exclaimed, waving to the boy. It earned him an annoyed sigh in return. "I'm regretting this already," Damien mumbled, his comment luckily not reaching Pip's ears. However, [Name] had heard it.

"What do you want?" They asked, their tone wasn't exactly kind, but since their best friend was beside them it lacked any confrontational nature. They knew that he was friends with the black haired boy, although whether that friendship was at all mutual was up for extreme debate.

Honestly, [Name] had no idea what friendly qualities he saw in Damien, but they weren't about to interfere. If Pip was happy, they supposed they could learn to live with it, although it would most likely take ages for them to do so.

"I'm here to check that Pip here isn't doing anything stupid," Damien answered, practically glaring at the ghost. "I'm not, don't worry!" Pip smiled, blissfully unaware of his friends' malice towards each other. Silence ensued for a couple seconds before Damien turned around and spoke, "Alright I'm leaving."

"Wait, don't you want to talk with me and [Name]?" Pip offered, wanting to hang out with both of his friends. Damien spun back around, fully intent on saying no. Pip noticed this, immediately jumping at the opportunity to convince him. "Please? We'd enjoy your company!" He begged, and even though he hadn't even said that much Damien was already annoyed.

He rolled his eyes, deciding that just giving in would be the least agitating option. Meanwhile, [Name] had shot Pip a glance that practically screamed 'please change your mind'. It was a glance that the boy missed, though. There was definitely no 'we' when it came to wanting Damien to stay and chat, and the demonic teen could tell. Not like the feeling wasn't mutual.

He went over to stand beside the two, with Pip pulling him into a hug the second he was in range. Damien pulled his arms away just to avoid reciprocating it, but it didn't deter the blond in the slightest. He looked up at [Name], hoping that the ghost would pull him off, but was instead met with the sight of them trying their best not to burst out laughing. Honestly, he didn't really know what he expected from the ghost, considering their behavioral track record towards each other.

Pip only separated from the one-sided hug when he heard a tiny snicker from [Name]. He looked at them with a gaze filled with curiosity. "What's so funny?" He asked with a small smile. "It's nothing," [Name] insisted, still attempting to not burst out laughing at Damien's bitter expression that lingered even after Pip had let go of him. Even though they didn't like him in the slightest, it was still funny to see how badly Pip could piss him off sometimes. They knew the poor boy never did it intentionally, though.

Pip was tempted to ask about it, but decided to just not. He instead started talking Damien's ears off, filling in what little had happened for the few days he hadn't seen the son of satan. It was more than obvious that Damien was not at all listening, but Pip either didn't notice or didn't care. Even without any contribution to the conversation, [Name] was paying more attention than he was.

Damien was currently reflecting on the actions that led him here. They were only truly friends when they were younger, and it didn't last that long. But ever since then, Pip had been attached to the idea of that fleeting companionship's existence still lasting.

After Pip's death, the son of Satan found that he couldn't get rid of him, no matter how much he tried. He hoped that after finding a way to send Pip to the mortal world, he'd be attached to [Name]'s hip and not his.

He could've finally had Pip out of his hair, but nope. He just had to go and see how his plan was going. Damien knew that if Pip was going to be around him constantly, he'd have to deal with [Name] too.

They practically hated each other, with the ghost disliking Damien because of his harsh nature towards their best friend. He just hated them because they didn't like him in the first place, and made a point in subtly and not-so-subtly letting him know so.

Normally, he would stay far away from [Name] when possible, a behavior that occurred even when they were alive. If Pip was going to cling to him, though, he knew [Name] would follow their best friend, and he'd have to deal with them constantly too. How wonderful. What had he just accidentally subjected himself to?

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥...