𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐕 - 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

There had been a few more jobs after that one, all of them yielding the same result financially. [Name] had worked to temporarily seal some of them in various modified jars, but they were slowly convincing the boys to begin capturing the ghosts themselves. So far all of them had managed to capture a spirit themselves, except Cartman due to his laziness.

Today was about the same, Cartman having secured another $80 job. Yet, there was a slight difference in how today would be conducted. [Name] had eavesdropped on their conversation while the four led the way to the location, and they had learned that the client's son was a teen their company knew well.

The boys had arrived at the residence, with their spectral companion in tow. They concealed themself as Cartman knocked on the door. It opened a few seconds later, revealing a handicapped boy in a yellow sweater on the other side. "W-Wait, you guys are the g-g-ghost hunters?" He asked, clearly perplexed that it was that group here to dispel the spirit.

"Yeah, hey Jimmy," Stan greeted, with similar words soon arising from the other three, although Cartman's seemed a bit less genuine. They had entered the house soon after, Cartman greeting Jimmy's parents in his falsely nice tone as the other three got out the supplies.

[Name] hovered over their shoulders, examining to ensure they had everything required. "[Name], don't let anyone see you," Kyle whispered, with the mentioned soul rolling their eyes despite the action not being visible to anyone. "Wasn't planning on it," they commented quietly, watching Kenny go set out the luring object.

Their imperceptible form idled midair as their coworkers and Jimmy chatted, with the latter throwing out jokes that elicited unseen smiles from the ghastly presence, but not a laugh quite yet. Their pupils bounced between the living beings conversing, and where Kenny had set the item for the other ghost to try and collect. They didn't detect anything amiss in the environment at the moment, but they wanted to be ready for when the fellow spirit arrived.

[Name] soon got their cue to act when they heard floorboards squeaking under the pressure of something approaching. They reached out to curl their fingers around the capturing jar, watching intently for any sign of a wispy form entering the room.

Soon, they saw the spirit enter the room, their form so light that [Name] knew it was invisible to the living retina. They shifted so that they were hidden among the living residing in the room as they carefully watched the other spirit approach the object.

Once the ghost's hand brushed the item, [Name] lunged. The spirit barely had time to react before they encapsulated the soul into its temporary place of residence. [Name] held onto the jar until the rattling ceased and the colors swirling within were no longer moving at a speed similar to a tornado.