𝖘𝖎𝖝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈 - 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐝𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐝

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

The day after encountering Butters, the five found themselves at another job. It was nothing out of the usual, and the boys didn't recognize anybody this time. It occurred earlier in the day than the rest of the jobs they had performed, resulting in a lot more bickering from Kyle and Cartman. The only thing [Name] could find themselves thinking is 'I didn't think it could get worse.'

Other than fatigue-induced irritation on practically all ends, the only issue [Name] had noticed was Stan. He was more irritable, like everyone else, but also less attentive than usual. They figured the early hour and the surrounding mood may have influenced the typically laid-back teen's behavior.

While they were awaiting the ghost they were being paid to capture take the bait, [Name] let their gaze wander over the people they had familiarized themself with. While they still didn't know all that much about each other, they were beginning to fit into the group better, even if it wasn't by an obvious amount. Their pupils drifted across the various forms before them. Kyle and Cartman were arguing over something that they had long filtered into background noise, and Kenny was doing whatever on his definitely aged phone.

But what truly caught their attention was the black-haired boy staring off into nothingness. He looked, simply put, like a wreck. His blue and red hat looked hastily thrown on, and his eyes looked glazed over with vacancy. As if his physical presence was there, yet he was trapped within the confines of his own thoughts. Lying below those eyes were dark pits that were a testament to his obvious fatigue. His eyebags painted the underneath of his eyes like how the darkness of night begins to engulf the warm hues of dusk.

[Name] soon snapped out of their observing when they saw Stan shift, and quickly looked away before eye contact could take place. Their gaze had shifted to settle back on the luring object, which clearly hadn't yet garnered the supernatural attention that they had been hoping for. They let out a small sigh upon noticing this, setting their head down on the table they currently sat at and pillowing their head with their arms.

They let their eyelids slide shut over their eyes, hoping to wash away their concern for Stan's current state. It didn't work, worry still bubbling within them. As they were drowning out their environment, they hadn't noticed when the noise came to a halt. When they finally opened their eyes once more, they were met with the sight of Cartman holding a rattling jar that clearly contained a soul while the others stared at him in shock.

"..What just happened?" [Name] reluctantly asked, wondering what they had missed in their unaware state. "Fatass finally caught a ghost," Kyle explained, clearly not able to believe it even with the sight of the jar and the knowledge on what happened. "Yeah Casper, can't you see the jar? Dead and stupid, double homicide," Cartman commented, amusement evident in his eyes when he saw [Name] try to decide if they had the energy or will to tell him off. Instead, they just rolled their eyes and set their head back on the table. 'About time he does something useful,' they thought.