𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐈 - 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

warnings: mentions of death, blood

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

[Name] knew that even if most of their memories eventually found a way to fade out of existence in their mind, the one thing they would never forget is the day they met Pip.

When they had moved to South Park, there was no instant burst of popularity that came with their arrival, like what had happened with Dovahkiin. They had inserted into the masses silently, just another face in the crowd. They weren't all that fond of talking to new people at the time, so it was a win in their book.

The days went by without much change in this regard, until one day at recess. [Name] was the only one on the swings at the time, everyone else participating in group games like tag. They observed the soft blue of the sky, fluffy looking clouds occasionally interrupting the blanket of cerulean above. They continued to swing, legs kicking out as they went up and down.

As they watched the clouds pass by in the sea of blue overhead, Pip studied them. While nobody else had taken notice of the reclusive new kid, he had. He would have be lying if he had said that he didn't like what he'd noticed about them thus far. While quiet, they were kind and helpful, and smart to boot.

It was all qualities he wanted in a friend, and he had never been able to find them all in one person. That was, until they came along. So Pip had decided then that he would make friends with them. What was the worst that could happen? Everyone already bullied him anyways, and if he happened to be wrong about them it was just another tormenter to put up with.

[Name] was pulled from their sky watching when they saw a flash of predominantly brown and red in their peripheral view. When they looked down, a blond boy was seated on the swing beside them, a friendly smile settled on his features.

"Hello, I'm Philip, but everyone calls me Pip, because they hate me. What's your name?" He introduced, smile never faltering even as he mentioned everyone else's distaste for him. "Ah, I'm uh.. I'm sorry to hear that, Philip. I'm [Name], it's nice to meet you," they greeted in return.

As they said his name, his actual, true name, he could've swore he felt his heart soar. He knew then that he had finally found a friend, and possibly later down the line his best friend. All he could hope was that nothing would separate them.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👻 ꒱

Time went on after their initial meeting, and Pip's dream of them becoming best friends had come true. They had become utterly inseparable as the months passed. Whenever they were mentioned, it was always "[Name] and Pip", or "Pip and [Name]". Rarely were they ever spoken about without the other's name attached to their own.