Chapter Eight - Getting a Team

"I’m in.”
“WHAT?!?” Tommy yelled. “We have no evidence! How the fuck are you gonna just blindly believe us?”
“Mark wouldn’t lie to me.” Sam replied. “Also, Toby can see in the dark. Meaning, it’s pretty likely he saw right.”
“But still!” Tommy started.
“Tommy.” Sam interrupted. “I’ve been on this guys case for a while now. So many signs have pointed to him, but I haven’t had solid evidence.”
“Yeah right. As if you’ve really thought it was him for a while.” Tommy rolled his eyes.
“I have.” Sam turned over his bulletin board, a crap ton of things against Clay pinned. “I even know his daily schedule, what all he’s done, who works with him, and our best ways to catch him.”
“Okay this just seems like an obsession..” Mark added. “Sam, bud, do you have any hobbies? I mean that kindly.”
“No.” Sam replied. “Now let’s focus on catching Clay. Do we know his villain name?”
“Dream.” Toby replied.
“His screen name? Really? I mean, I knew he wasn’t the brightest but damn.” Sam shook his head.
“That’s what I’m saying!” Tommy shouted.
“So wait, you already have a plan?” Toby asked.
“Yep. I’ve had a few plans for a while now.” Sam replied.
“Again, starting to look like an obsession.” Mark muttered.
“Do you want my help or not?” Sam asked.
“We do. Desperately.” Toby replied.

The three heroes and Sam were planning for quite a while. It was getting dark out and the four of them were getting tired and hungry. “God is there any food in the damn station?” Tommy groaned.
“There would be if you didn’t eat all the snacks when you got here.” Sam hissed.
“It’s not my fault you don’t have many snacks!” Tommy shouted back. In the middle of them arguing, Ponk walked in, holding quite a few baked sweets.
“Hey guys! Am I interrupting anything?” Ponk asked, setting down the treats.
“HOLY SHIT IT’S A FUCKING MIRACLE!” Tommy instantly reached out, stuffing his face with a bunch of sweets.
“Someone was hungry.” Ponk chuckled.
“You’re a saint.” Tommy said, his face stuffed with brownies.
“You came at just the right time.” Sam said. “We were all in need of a little snack.”
“Will we have to pay you back for any of this?” Mark asked, reaching for a cookie.
“Nah. The bakery was just closing and we had some leftover treats. I brought some here for you guys. It’s my treat.” Ponk smiled.
“Thank you dear.” Sam smiled, grabbing a cookie for himself.
“So, when are we gonna catch this fucker?” Tommy asked.
“Tomorrow night.” Sam replied. “Be ready."