Chapter Twenty-one - A New Hero

“I hate you Tommy.” Toby said, standing in front of Drista’s apartment with Tommy.
“What? She can help.” Tommy shrugged.
“We put her brother in prison. Under a false assumption, by the way.”
“It’s fineee.” Tommy said, knocking on Drista’s door.

Drista opened the door, glaring at the two. “Can I help you?”
“We need your help with-” Tommy started, before getting cut off.
“No way! I’m not helping you!” Drista shouted. “You put my brother in prison. You have to be crazy to think I’m helping you.”
“I told you.” Toby sighed.
“Shut up Toby.” Tommy spat. “Look, Drista, Mark was the one who did that. Not us.”
“And Mark works with you. So no.” Drista went to slam the door, before Toby stopped her.
“Mark is who we’re going against right now.” Toby said.
“Wait.. What?” Drista opened the door fully again. “What do you mean? .. Why?”
“We’ll explain everything.” Tommy started. “Just hear us out.”

“Yeah none of that shocks me.” Drista shrugged.
“Wait what?” Toby was a bit shocked. “None of it? Not even the kidnapping Niki bit?”
“Nope. Mark was already a threatening person. Also, when Tommy told me about each mission, I started to piece it together.”
“You have the fucking mind of a hero!” Tommy said, chuckling.
“Which brings me to a question.” Toby started, turning to Drista. “Would you be willing to help us? As a hero?”