☆ Chapter 1 ~ The Human Fighters Meet A Very Strange Teenager ☆

TW: Some things in this chaper may be very disurbing to quite a few readers. A summary of the chapter will be given at the end if you don't want to read this chapter due to the warnings.

<~- -~>

January 19, 2023, Thursday

<~- -~>

Brunhilde raced down the halls of Valhalla, somehow managing to not make any sound at all despite the fact she was wearing heels. Her midnight blue hair flowed behind her, wind brushing past her ears due to her pace. The eldest valkyrie sister showed no emotion as she ran (though it looked like walking, too, to some extent. Perhaps she was not running, but just walking fastly. But wasn't that running?), but weirdly enough, she felt her heart beating fiercly against her ribcage. She couldn't help but wonder if other gods or humans who were near the area at the time were capable of hearing it.

All the human fighters followed behind her, and everytime they seemed to be making too much sound as they walked/ran, Brunhilde would shoot them an exceptionally sharp glare. It was awfully early in the morning... or was it awfully late at night? Brunhilde had lost track of time. All the fighters had just woken up, so their senses weren't the sharpest... at all. You may be asking, 'but humanties fighter's literally defeated the gods they fought! They should've already been composed, despite how it was still dawn.' My answer to that is: they're still human.

Maybe Brunhilde's heart beated so fast due to the fact she had just witnessed her sisters getting killed right before her eyes.

Brunhilde remembered. She remembered how in just one flash of light, the life which was formerly present in the valkyries eyes faded, and blood stained the earlier clean marble floor of the room. The humans had beaten all the gods, the divine gods anger growing more and more atrocious as they saw the gore on their fighters. The gods had disgusting tempers, so they simply... disregarded the rules. And of course, they had to start with the valkyries.

They were presumably looking for the eldest valkyrie sister right now. Or, for all one knows, they got impatient and started to seek the human fighters. But it didn't matter who they were searching for at the moment, whether it be the earlier or the latter. If they found them, they'd get both of the species they wanted to eliminate. They may as well have started to exterminate humanity already.

The only thing hiding Brunhilde and the fighters from being completely discernable and vunerable was the lack of light due to how early it was. But the moment someone (or somegod) bothered to flick the lightswitch on, they'd all be doomed.

Yes. Something as simple and mundane as turning on the lights would doom the group's lives; which was obviously, not very desireable. But Brunhilde knew either way that she'd be dead by morning light.

Brunhilde lead the fighters into a room none of them were familiar with. They would've been less quiet if the situation wasn't so serious, but they didn't all follow Brunhilde so obediently. All the human fighters (plus Brunhilde) literally had to make a group effort to pull Leonidas out of his room and get him to go with them. It went from negotiating to debating to a whole fight (12 v 1), and they all swore they could hear Qin Shi Huang's voice insulting the other king and lecturing him about what a king actually was. Leonidas got concernedly close to flinging Ying Zheng across the room, but they eventually got him to come.

Brunhilde turned on the lights of the room, revealing what looked to be a regular apartment. She pushed all the human fighter's inside, and without waiting for an answer, closed the door behind them all and locked it.

"Barricade the door." Brunhilde ordered, pointing at the door. She tried her best to sound firm and intimidating, but the abrupt emergency caused her voice to sound hoarse.