☆ Chapter 6 ~ Katherine, We Need Twenty Four Happy Meals For Tomorrow ☆

TW: Some things in this chaper may be very disurbing to quite a few readers. A summary of the chapter will be given at the end if you don't want to read this chapter due to the warnings.

<~- -~>

January 27, 2024

<~- -~>

     The humans weren't really going to get Nicollo di Angelo any presents.

     They felt quite embarrased that they wouldn't be giving anything to the son of Hades (especially Qin Shi Huang, as he felt like that was the least he could've done to show Nico he meant no harm), but the teenager just told them it was alright if he didn't recieve any gifts. Though, Will, Percy, and Thalia seemed to plan whenever Nico wasn't around. Then, when the ravenet did appear, they'd pretend they weren't talking at all.

     A few of the humans couldn't help but overhear their various conversations, and they'd pick up on quite a few unfamiliar names as they'd listen in. It seemed that the trio wanted them all to arrive later that day or tomorrow so they could be there for Nico's day. They'd frown and say how it would be such a shame if they arrived days later and how they should have been at camp already. The worry on their faces were evident, and whatever they thought might've happened to the people they were talking about, wasn't good.

     You may be asking about what the son of Poseidon, the son of Apollo, and the daughter of Zeus were up to.

     Well, their numerous planning was due to the fact that Nico's birthday was on the twenty eight.

     For them, that was tomorrow.

     They would all stay cooped up in the infirmary early in the morning while Nico was still in his cabin, and who knew what they may have been scheming in there? Will Solace seemed the most enthusiastic for the event, Whilst Nico di Angelo himself seemed simply feel neutral towards his birthday coming up.

     Actually, he hadn't brought up the date at all. It was Percy, Thalia, and Will who would bring it up atleast ten times a day.

     And also, one thing definitely put the whole human group in shock.

     They had noticed how Nico di Angelo and Will Solace would look and talk to eachother. They'd try to make their exchanges private, but either way, the humans tended to see or overhear. They'd hear Nico call Will his "significant annoyance", and all the hints led to one clear hint.

     The two boys were in a relationship. And a lovely one, at that.

     The humans had nothing against it, but it still made them all feel quite surprised.

     A child of Apollo and a child of Hades didn't exactly seem... ideal. But the two teenagers seemed happy.

     "That's it. I'm Iris Messaging Katherine to order twenty four happy meals for tomorrow." Percy sighed to Thalia and Will as he ran off to his cabin to get a drachma.

     The son of Apollo pulled on his hair slightly, the blonde's eyebags evident as the daughter of Zeus simply fidgeted every few seconds, her facial expression serious.

     The human fighters were at random places around the camp. Perhaps they were sparring, taking a nap, eating at the dining pavilion, or something entirely different. And some of them definitely noticed the son of Poseidon sprinting off to his cabin. And those few definitely heard the open and slam of the Poseidon cabin's door.

<~- -~>

     "There's a lava lamp here. Right, Will?" Percy Jackson rummaged through the infirmary's shelves.