☆ Chapter 7 ~ All The Demigods Have Daddy Issues, Apparently ☆

TW: Some things in this chaper may be very disurbing to quite a few readers. A summary of the chapter will be given at the end if you don't want to read this chapter due to the warnings.

<~- -~>

January 28, 2024

<~- -~>

They were all about to start singing the "Happy Birthday Song", but Nico had stopped them.

"Please," The son of Hades sighed. "No singing. Let me enjoy my fiteenth birthday in peace."

They were all fine with Nico's wishes. They all would rather not sing, anyways.

Gosh, Nico really did wish the others were here.

They were still off on their quests, and all the demigods worries were starting to take their toll. They were practically living in anxiety every hour of the day due to it. They assumed the worse might have happened to their "family". It definitely wouldn't be the first time, and all of them were almost certain that the last time it had happened wasn't the last at all.

Yeah, the life of a demigod sucked. You're usually either about to die, or you already have so much trauma you could really care less if you died right then and there. And to think this game of life would go on for the rest of their lives...

It was best to not think about it. It would lead you spiraling into depression faster then you can get the sensibility to help yourself by getting someone to talk to.

The humans gave them a sort of hope, as they had learned their goals in the late afternoon of yesterday, though it wasn't written in the chapter.

"Aight. Let's dig into the happy meals." The humans thought it quite childish to eat happy meals, but the demigods shoved it into their mouths (some of the humans were really holding back the urge to murder them just like how they had murdured their parents).

A bit morbid, yes I know. But what are you really expecting from this story? You seriously must read the warning and that one chapter I posted about the disclaimers and cannon divergences.

Most of the demigods now sported a few injuries, and from the hints given to you above, I think you know who they came from.

"You seriously started eating without us, Prissy?" The humans heard (and saw) Thalia, Percy, Nico, Thomas, and Katherine, heave a sigh of relief.

"Annabeth!" Percy ran over to them and embraced one out of the three campers that had arrived. They were all girls, and all of them seemed around sixteen or fifteen.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain." The girl Percy pulled into an embrace hugged back.

She was beautiful. The girl (whom Percy had called "Annabeth") had blonde hair curled like a princess', tied into a ponytail. She had stormy gray eyes, tannish skin, and her clothes seemed somewhat tattered. A yankees cap peeked outside of Annabeth's backpack, and a dagger was tucked inside her belt.

"And Happy Birthday, Nico." Annabeth pulled herself out of the son of Poseidon's embrace and ruffled Nico's hair.

Unlike Nico's reaction to Qin Shi Huang doing it, the son of Hades now seemed indifferent towards the girl Percy had called "Annabeth" doing it.

"Our quest was tough, that's for sure." One of the new girls offered a smile to the demigods, one very rare for people stranger to her to see.

Then she caught sight of the humans, and her eyes hardened. She diverted her gaze and walked to Thalia's side.