13• अन्तः राक्षसः

In the morning, the atmosphere at the breakfast table was tense and unsettling, especially for Ambika. She longed to break the silence and resolve the lingering conflict between herself and Rudraksha, but she felt the weight of his disdain and perceived hatred.

As Ambika silently picked at her food, her mind raced with thoughts of how to mend their fractured relationship. She stole cautious glances at Rudraksha, hoping for any sign of willingness to engage in conversation or reconciliation. However, his cold demeanor and avoidance only reinforced her sense of despair.

Meanwhile, Rudraksha was mentally preparing to leave, eager to escape the discomfort of the strained silence. He had no desire to prolong the breakfast or spend any more time in Ambika's presence. Each passing moment heightened his urgency to depart and seek solace elsewhere.

Suddenly, Rudraksha's phone rang, interrupting the heavy silence with the caller ID displaying "Ishaan Bhaiya." He hesitated briefly before answering, silently grateful for the distraction from the awkward breakfast scene.

"Bhai," Rudraksha greeted, his voice a stark contrast to the muted tension in the room.

Ambika's ears perked up slightly at the sound of Rudraksha's voice engaging in conversation. She observed him discreetly, curious about the interaction but hesitant to intrude.

Rudra listened to Ishaan's urgent message, his expression shifted from indifference to concern,"I had to call you for something very urgent, the nearby kingdom with the tyrant which we were planning on annexing has attacked us again, we need you to be here right now because this time he is not alone."

"Is it really that worrisome?" Rudra inquired, his voice tinged with gravity.

Ishaan's voice boomed from the other end with a sense of urgency. "Yes, otherwise I myself wouldn't have called you. We need you here immediately."

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Rudra made a swift decision. "Okay, I will be there. I'll also bring Kush with me," he affirmed, his mind already formulating plans for the upcoming confrontation.

"Right, he has the strategy that will be invaluable. You should also bring Garima," Ishaan suggested.

Rudra's response was immediate and firm. "No, she can't come," he replied, his gaze briefly shifting towards Ambika, who looked on with a mix of confusion and curiosity,"She has other things to take care of."

Ishaan accepted Rudra's decision without further question. "Okay, as you wish. I am cutting," he said, ending the call abruptly.

Turning his attention back to the breakfast table, Rudra faced Ambika with a sense of resolve. "Ambika, I need to leave immediately. There's an urgent matter I must attend to," he explained, his tone clipped yet decisive.

Ambika's eyes widened with surprise at the sudden turn of events. "Is everything alright?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

Rudra nodded curtly,"Yes, we got a new job offer in... In the Shivaay Kingdom and we will be staying there for few days, me and my team mates, Kush will also join us."

The prospect of Rudra leaving for a few days with his team left her feeling uneasy, especially considering her fear of being alone.

"What?! For how many days will you be there?" Ambika asked, her voice betraying her anxiety and worry.

Rudra's touch on her chin was gentle, a gesture of reassurance. "It will take like two or three days," he replied soothingly. "You will not feel lonely, Garima will take care of you."

Though she was saddened by the prospect of Rudra's departure, Ambika masked her emotions behind a facade of acceptance. "Okay. Travel safely," she managed to say, her voice tinged with resignation.