32•स्नेहित

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

The question echoed relentlessly in her thoughts, each repetition driving home the depth of her bewilderment, as Ambika stood on the balcony, the weight of confusion and betrayal bore down on her mind like an insurmountable burden.

Unable to bear the tumult of emotions swirling within her, Ambika excused herself from the gathering under the pretext of exhaustion. With a heavy heart and a mind reeling with unanswered questions, she retreated to the solace of her bedroom, seeking refuge from the chaos of her shattered reality.

The sun cast a soft glow over the balcony as Ambika stood there alone, her thoughts swirling with unanswered questions. Why did he approach her in disguise, pretending to be just a worker? How did he manage to uphold this charade for so long, deceiving her, keeping his true identity hidden even after they were married?

She couldn't comprehend why he would lie about who he was for such an extended period. Did he have something to hide, some ulterior motive that drove him to maintain this facade? And why did he make her fall in love with him, only to betray her in the end? It couldn't have been a mere coincidence-there had to be a reason, a purpose behind his actions.

As Ambika pondered these questions, a nagging sense of unease settled in her heart. Was he seeking revenge for some perceived wrong? But what could she have possibly done to incur his wrath? She wracked her brain, searching for any possible explanation for his anger and deception.

Lost in her thoughts, Ambika felt a wave of confusion and despair wash over her. She longed for answers, for clarity amidst the chaos of her shattered reality. But as the day wore on, the questions remained unanswered.

As Ambika watched from the balcony, a pang of unease swept over her as she observed Minakshi, Trishul, and Rudraksha strolling in the garden below. Their laughter floated up to her, mingling with the gentle breeze, but Ambika couldn't shake off the lingering sense of discomfort that settled in her chest.

Her gaze lingered on Rudraksha, who wore a soft smile as he engaged in conversation with his sibling and brother in law. Despite the betrayal and pain he had inflicted upon her, Ambika couldn't deny the complex mix of emotions that stirred within her at the sight of him. He was the one who had shattered her world, yet he was also the catalyst for her transformation.

In his own way, Rudraksha had shown her how to embrace life on her own terms, teaching her to love and value herself in ways she had never thought possible. He had been both her tormentor and her mentor, leaving an indelible mark on her soul that she couldn't erase.

He had been the catalyst for her transformation, guiding her towards a newfound sense of self-worth and independence. In his own way, Rudraksha had taught her valuable lessons about self-love and resilience, showing her how to navigate life without relying solely on the validation of others.

Ambika's heart skipped a beat as Rudraksha abruptly turned his head and locked eyes with her.

Was he aware of her staring?

A soft, gentle smile graced Rudraksha's lips, yet Ambika couldn't shake the feeling that something lurked beneath the surface-a darkness veiled by his seemingly benign expression.

Questions raced through Ambika's mind. Why had Rudraksha come here? What motives lay behind his actions? The need to understand his intentions weighed heavily upon her, urging her to seek answers through a direct confrontation.

She knew she needed to speak with him, to unravel the mysteries that lingered between them and uncover the truth hidden behind his every play.