Mujhe mera ghar mil jaata hai tujhme..

In evening, Ishan decides to join the Gill family for preparations of Holi. He always had bitter sweet memories with this house. Keart kaaki always loved him as her own son.

Flashback

When Shubman went away, he isolated himself in his room. Two days had passed, but his tears still couldn't stop flowing in the memories of Shubman. He barely ate and always ended up falling asleep due to exhaustion. One evening, he woke up and felt hands running through his hair...and his head was in someone's lap. In his sleep ridden voice he whispered, "Maa?" (Mother?)

Instead of his mother, it was Keart who replied calmly, "Hmm?" (Hmm) Ishan still didn't recognize the voice, he further asked thinking it was his mother, "Ab Shubman kab vaapis aayega?" (When will Shubman return now?) The slight hint of hope supressed under despair brought tears to Keart's eyes. Everybody thought it was better for Shubman to study in London, but nobody understood her heart. She knew despite being a child only Ishan would understand her pain. She wiped her tears and caressed Ishan's unruly locks and said, "Tu pukaarega, toh who zarur Bijli sa tez aajayega." (If you call him, the he will come quick as lightening)

This time Ishan realized it was not his mother, he jumped away from her....he always loved the Gill family but the fear of classism was routed in his mind since childhood and Sunaina kaaki never left a chance to scratch that. He just kept staring at Keart when Keart gently extended her arms to invite Ishan in her lap. Ishan hesitantly moved towards her and just sat in front of her unsure. Keart's heart broke to see this reaction of Ishan. She realized that she never showed her motherly love to Ishan. She never coddled Ishan like Suchitra did for Shubman. She forgot her role of a mother in her attempt to be the perfect Zamindarin. She couldn't stop Shubman from going away but she has another son who holds a part of her son's heart in him.

She gently caressed Ishan's hair and tried to tame his wild locks. She said to him, "Jaante ho Ishu..yahan koi humaara dard nahi samajh paayega. Sab bohot bohot bure hain. Par chinta matt karo ab tumhari Keart kaaki yahan hain na...tumhe pata hai Shubman ne London jaane se pehle mujhe kya kahaa?" (You know Ishu..here nobody can understand our pain. Everyone is bad very bad. But you don't worry ok....You know what Shubman said to me before leaving for London?)

Ishan's grew curious at that and he shook his head in a no.

Keart just gave him a faint smile and said, "Usne mujhse kahaa ki tum yahan akele reh jaaoge."(He said that you will be left alone here.) A frown grew on Ishan's face. Keart continued, "Par maine phir use kahaa...aise kaise akele reh jaayega. Abhi uski Keart kaaki hain na." (But I assured him...that you won't be left alone. How will you be left alone...when your Keart kaaki is still here.) Overwhelmed by her words Ishan just hugged her tightly and Keart finally cried hugging Ishan as she kept saying, "Abhi uski Keart kaaki hain na." (Your Keart kaaki is here na.)

Suchitra just watched this interaction from the doorway with tears in her eyes.

From that day onwards, Keart always made sure that Ishan was part of the Gill family. For the first few months, Ishan spent most of his time helping Keart and talking to her. It felt good to find solace in someone who understood his Shubi as much as him if not more. Time passed and he perfectly fit into the Gill family. Everyone adored him except Sunaina and her husband Mohit. They always despised the boy and Ishan never tried to know the reason why or maybe he always knew.

Flashback ends

Ishu entered the house only to be engulfed in the cheers and chaos of Gill family. Unlike his home, this house was more cheerful whereas his was more peaceful and serenade.

Daadi called Ishan, "Arre Ishu chalo tu aagaya ab yahan koi kaam hoga dhang se. Kaam ke naam pe toh sab bas yahan wahan udham machete hain."(Arre Ishu finally you came. Now work will be done properly in this house. These people just create ruckus in the name of work.) Ishan just laughed and went to sit near Daadi's feet and said, "Ab main aagaya hoon na. Aap aaram farmao ab bass main karta hoon na kaam."(Now I am here. Now you just rest and I will handle all the work.)

Daadi just patted his head and said laughing, "Tu Suchitra ki beti hota na, toh kal hi tujhe biyah ke yahan le aati."(If you would have been Suchitra's daughter, I would have wedded you in this house tomorrow to keep you here.) Ishan just shook his head laughing.

Sunaina fake coughed to grab his attention, "Arre Ishan tum aagaye. Chalo accha hai yeh phool ki tokdi zara upar waale verandah mein rakh aana."(Arre Ishan you came. That's good..now can you carry this flower basket to the verandah on second floor.)

Ishan immediately stood up and went to pick up the basket when Keart interrupted him and reprimanded Sunaina, "Yeh kya baat hai Sunaina. Itne naukar hai aur mere phool se Ishu se phool ki tokdi uthwaogi. Ishu, tu jaa Shubi ke kamre mein."(What id this Sunaina. So many servants are there and you are making my flower like Ishu carry a BASKET of flowers. Ishu, you go to Shubi's room.) Ishan tried to reason with her but Keart stopped him and sent him away. Since, Keart couldn't stop Shubman from going away she always made sure to comfort Ishan in everyway possible as to repent for her mistake.

Ishan went up to the first floor, when he heard music. Not like those classical music...it was rather different. More bold yet soft. It was those English tracks he concluded. He followed the sound and found out it was coming from Shubman's room. He stood in the doorway and saw Shubman looking out of the balcony. He was wearing a loose silk white shirt and matching white silk pants. Ishan was enchanted by the sight and froze at his place. His daze was broken by a voice, "Kaun ha- Ish?" (Who's the- Ish?)

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry for late and inconsistent updates. But try to understand I am trying my best here to give you the best and only the best. I am already disappointed by the last chapter so didn't want to rush this one. Also ignore my grammatical mistakes and please make sure to commment if you like the story. It gives me creative input and motivation to write. :)

lots of love, hugs and kisses muah xoxo