Dil ki jo baatein hain (Part 1)

Flashback: After the fair Ishan and Shubman going to the lake.

Ishan took Shubman's hand in his own guiding him through the thick bushes and long grass to the lake with a shine in his eyes. Excitement pouring through his walk and tight grip on Shubman's hand. The peepal tree where they used to always sit together and pour their heart while watching the serene lake. The same place where he used to cry for Shubman's return from time to time, pouring his heart out to the tree as if it would understand his longing. Until one day, he saw another boy sitthing their looking at the tear with a similar longing. And that boy grew up to one of his closest friend Mayank. Mayank never told him what that place meant to him but Ishan confided in Mayank since then, he always rambled about Shubman to him.

But now his Shubi is back, they would sit there under moonlight like old days. Shubman would put little flowers in his hair while Ishan kept talking about anything and everything and Shubman would listen to him with eyes that spoke louder than words.

A slight tinge of pain in his feet broke his train of memories as he shrieked and stumbled backward as his back touched Shubman's chest. He saw a thorn has stuck his feet. He felt Shubman's breath falter as he saw little blood seeping out of his feet. Ishan tried to pick the thorn out but stopped when it hurt too much. He saw worry fill Shubman's eyes as he picked him up bridal style and asked him gently, "Raasta batao." (show the way)

Ishan pointed to continue further. He couldn't tear his eyes away from Shubman's face, his lips sealed together in determination, his perfect straight nose in contrast to his own button nose, his dark brown eyes that held the utmost love and care for Ishan, the lines on his forehead showing his struggle to navigate through the the bushy road. In that moment Ishan forgot about his pain and unintentionally his hand went up to soothe the lines of worry etching his Shubi's forehead. Shubman immediately looked at him as a small smile broke on his lips while his eyes showed something that Ishan could not decipher.

Shubman softly said, "Hum pohonch gaye."(we have reached)

And Ishan's breath hitched as he saw the lake which looked like a pool of stars as moonlight reflected on its surface. Shubman gently placed him on a log of wood and lowered himself down on ground all while his eyes were on Ishan's face. He held Ishan's feet in his hand as he saw drops of blood falling. Shubman started examining the wound to which Isan hissed in pain making Shubman look up as they made eye contact. The world stopped for them at the moment. Shubman lightly kept his one hand on Ishan's thigh and mouthed, "thoda dard hoga."(it will hurt a bit) as he swiftly yet gently pulled the thorn out of his feet. Ishan hissed as his hand tightly grabbed Shubman's hand on his thighs as a lone tear fell from his eyes.

Shubman immediately kissed his feet and kept peppering innocent kisses on his feet as a twin tear fell from his own eyes as he kept his head on Ishan's feet. A similar thorn was stuck in his heart which could only be pulled about Ishan. Ishan gently nudged Shubman, "uth jaao." (get up) But Shubman locked his eyes with Ishan and shook his head.

Ishan couldn't understand why Shubman was being so..so soft suddenly. He asked Shubman, "Aaj mere baalon ko phholon se nahi sajaaoge?" (You won't adorn my hair with flowers today?) Shubman let out a small laugh and said all while holding his feet, "Aaj tumhare paanv ka shringaar karunga main." (I will adorn your feet today.)

He took out his handkerchief and tied it around Ishan's wound after leaving a small kiss on his feet. Then he proceeded to take out the anklet. Ishan tried to pull his feet back, "Shubi yeh bohot mehenga hai!!" (Shubi this is too expensive) Shubman kept his grip on Ishan's feet firm and whispered, "isliye tumhare liye hai."(that's why its for you) And he gently clasped the anklet around his feet, "Zara chanka ke dikhaana." (can you jingle them for me?) Ishan shook his head while smiling and shook his feet making the anklet jingle.

He saw the widest smile break on Shubman's face. He couldn't tear away his eyes from this man these days...Ishan was confused. Why was he feeling these butterflies in his heart. Making Shubman felt like performing a Kathak taal perfectly in the first try. His smile made Ishan more rested than the sound of his ghungroo. His eyes made Ishan forget the moon's beauty. The way Ishan wanted Shubman's lips on his lips rather than his feet tight now. What are these feelings....somewhere Ishan knew these feelings were beyond friendship. But he feared...this is wrong so wrong. They both are men.

Shubman could see confusion forming on Ishan's face suddenly as he shook him out of his daze. Shubman asked, "kya soch rahe ho?" (what are you thinking?) Ishan shook his head and mumbled, "kuch bhi toh nahi" (nothing). Shubman stood up and sat beside Ishan. With gentle fingers, he turned Ishan's face towards himself. Shubman said in a soft tone,"Ab mujhe bhi nahi bataoge?" (now you won't even tell me) Ishan kept his head on Shubman's shoulder and asked, "Kya tumhe kabhi pyaar hua hai?" (Have you ever fell in love?)

Shubman's heart started racing...does Ishan also feel the same for him.

.

.

.

.

Sorry for the short chapter but hope you liked it...<3