Unkahaa sa raaz...

Sunaina was fuming with anger. She has to pull the Kishan family away from Gill's before Holi. She was taking quick steps towards Shubman's room when she crashed into someone.

Sunaina: MAYANK!! Dekhke chala karo. Aur tum yahan kyun aaye?! (MAYANK?! Look where you're walking. And why are you here?!)

Mayank replied with a stutter, "Woh kaaki mai-main Ishan ko bulaane aaya tha. Ghar gaya toh Suchitra kaaki ne bola yahan aaya hai." (Kaaki I came here to call Ishan. I went to his home and Suchitra kaaki said he is here.)

Sunaina: Haan thik hai...toh bula liya? (Okay...did you call him?)

Mayank: Haan jaa hi raha tha bulaane. Abhi jaata hoon use ghar leke. (yeah I was just going to call him. I will take him home.)

Sunaina gave him an angry look saying, "Jaa jaldi." (Go quick)

Mayank rushes back to Shubman's room...he thinks to himself, 'Aaj toh maine bacha liya inn dono ko kaaki se. Dekh leti toh mushkil ho jaati.' (Today I saved them both from kaaki. If she would have seen them, it would cause a lot of trouble.)

Mayank knocks on the doors causing Shubman and Ishan to jump away from each other.

Mayank just pulls Ishan's arm and says, "Woh kaaki ghar bula rahi hai..saanjh dhal gayi hai. Chalo Ish..Ishu."(Kaaki is calling you home...its getting late.) But Shubman holds Ishan's hand before Mayank takes him, "Bye Ishan..aur tum..Mayank mere room mein aane se pehle darwaaza knock karna seekh lo." (Bye Ishan..and YOU..Mayank..learn to knock before entering my room.)

Mayank gives him a glare and pulls Ishan with him. He thinks to himself that he will not let the history repeat again. He will not let Ishan have the same fate as....

"MAYU"

"haan?"(yes?) says Mayank after Ishan interrupts his train of thoughts.

Ishan asks him what happened but Mayank just ignores the question and diverts the topic to Holi and other things. Ishan has never seen fear in Mayank's eyes like today. And he had never seen Mayank give a fierce glare to anyone before Shubman. But since Mayank kept diverting the topic he chose to ignore it.

Mayank is five years older to Ishan, and lives with his cousin Meera and her family here in Calcutta. He was just nine when he witnessed that dreadful day, the day that changed his perspective towards the people of his town. He cannot let that happen again. When he saw Shubman and Ishan swaying gently to the music in each other's arms, he realised why Sunaina always hated Ishan. He always thought she hated Ishan because of his blood but today he realized the truth.

Mayank looked at Ishan cheerfully talking to his mother and made his mind that he would save Ishan......and Shubman too. He can't let his best friend's smile fade away....Mayank physically flinched at his trail of thoughts.

Next morning

As Shubman was passing by his mother's room, he heard her and Sunaina chaachi discuss about something in hushed tones. He was going to ignore it but when he heard his name being mentioned, he chose to eavesdrop.

Keart: Par Sunaina Shubi abhi abhi toh aaya hai... itni kya jaldi hai? (But Sunaina..Shubi has just come back...what's the rush?)

Sunaina: Arre jiji! Main thodi uski shaadi holi ke din hi karne ko bol rahi hoon. Main toh bass keh rahi hoon rishta accha hai toh bass use pakka karne ke liye yeh paayal unhe dedete hain. (Arre jiji! I am not telling you to get him married on Holi. I am just telling you to say yes to a good proposal and give this anklet as a symbol of acceptance.)

Keart: Sunaina, yeh paayal khaandani hai aise kaise dede? (Sunaina, this anklet is ancestral..how can we give it away this easily?)

Sunaina: Jiji maine saari jaanch parakh karli hai. Aap mujhpe bharosa karo bass. (Jiji I have checked everything. You just trust me.)

Keart: Sochungi iss baare mein...par Shubi se bhi toh puchna padega. (I will have to think about this..but we will have to ask Shubi too.)

Sunaina: Uski chinta aap matt karo, main hoon na Jiji. Ab woh holi ke din aa rahe hain toh taiyaari karte hain. (You don't stress about that, I will handle that Jiji. Now they are coming on holi so we have to prepare)

Shubman was infuriated that yet again his family is trying to control his life. He has let them do this once but not again. He will not marry someone he doesn't love. He can handle the marriage drama another time but the "khandaani" paayal gave him ideas.

Shubman rushed into the room and hugged his mother.

Keart exclaims laughing, "Arre Shubi! Achaanak apni maa par itna pyaar" (Arre Shubi! So much love for your mother suddenly)

Sunaina also smiles at Shubman's antics. She missed this Shubman. Since she lost her son, Shubman has been the most dear to her heart. Seeing him act like a child always reminded her of...

Shubman makes a pout and says, "Ab main aapke gale bhi nahi lag sakta kya." (Now I can't even hug you ?)

Keart: Tu toh hamesha mere pallu se bandha rahe toh bhi mujhe koi dikkat nahi hogi mere ladle. (Even if you are tied to my pallu, I wouldn't mind it at all.)

Shubman fakes amusement and takes the paayal from his mother's hand, "Waah maa! Yeh paayal toh bohot sundar hai.." (Wow maa! These anklets are so beautiful.)

Sunaina laughs pulling his cheek saying, "Haan teri hi dulhan ke liye hain."( Yeah, this is for your bride only,)

Shubman: Chaachi aap bhi na!! arre waise neeche sab aap dono ko naashte ke liye dhundh rahe hain. (Chaachi you!! Oh I forgot..everyone is looking for you both for breakfast)

Keart and Sunaina tell Shubman to keep the paayal back safely and rush to the kitchen before the elders start asking for breakfast.

Shubman smirks and thinks to himself, "Ab toh yeh paayal mere pyaare Ishu ke pairon mein sajegi. Dulhan ka pata nahi chaachi par dulhe tak toh pohonch jaayegi yeh paayal." (Now this anklet will adorn my love Ishu's feet. Don't know about the bride chaachi but it will definitely reach the groom.)

He keeps the paayal in his pocket and walks out giggling.

.

.

.

.

.

Teaser alert: Mayank will have a traumatic backstory and he would also have a massive role and Abhiyank might also happen also Mayank is older than Ishan in this fic.

Yeah so my academic life has been very hectic and still continue to be. The updates will be super slow. Sorry for that.

Also I want you guys to comment. I really love that and it gives me motivation to write further. Tell me what you love, what you hate, what you think will happen next. Tell me everything<3

Lots of hugs, kisses and best wishes to yall from the turtle author delookies...xoxoxo