Dil Ki Jo Baatein Hain (Part 2)

Ishan kept his head on Shubman's shoulder and asked, "Kya tumhe kabhi pyaar hua hai?" (Have you ever fell in love?)

Shubman's heart started racing...does Ishan also feel the same for him.

Shubman looked at Ishan and whispered, "Huwa hain na" (Yess I have) Ishan lifted his head abruptly and asked, "Tumne mujhe bataya kyun nahi." (Why didn't you tell me?) He looked away as he felt little tears well up in his eyes. He doesn't understand why he felt this jealousy after knowing Shubman loves someone. Maybe because after such long separation, he wants Shubman all to himself because that's how best friends should feel...right?

His thoughts were interrupted when a finger gently turned his head towards himself.

Shubman gently said with honesty and earnestness in his eyes, "Kyunki main jisse pyaar karta hoon who mere pyaar ko gunah samjhega..paap samjhega.." (Because the one I love may think my love as a mistake...a sin.)

Ishan replied, "Agar pyaar saccha ho toh koi kuch bhi keh kar use jhuthla nahi sakta, Shubman." (If love is true, then nobody can deny it by any means, Shubman.)

Shubman's eyes softened at this statement. He never understood how wise his Ishu has grown. He leaned closer to Ishan and murmured, "Vaada karo apni baat se mukaroge nahi?" (Promise me you won't retract your statement?)

Ishan nodded with sincerety in his eyes and whispered unaffected by the closeness. Somehow he liked this, it felt like....home?

Ishan: Kaisi dikhti hai who? (What does she look like?)

Shubman: chaand dekha hain na...uss chaand se das guna sundar. Uski aankhein jaise yeh sitaaron se bhara aasman. Uski aawaz sitar ki dhun se bhi sundar. Jab woh hanse toh aisa lagta hai ki dheemi dheemi hawa chal rahi ho aur uski kaaya iss taalab se bhi paak aur sundar. Jab woh apne paanv mein ghungroo baandh kar naache toh aisa lagta hai iss taalab ke saare hans bhi uske saamne pheeke. (Have you seen the moon...they are 10 times more beautiful than the moon. Their eyes are like the sky filled with stars. Their voice is more melodic than a Sitar. When they laugh it feels like a gentle breeze and his body is as pure and beautiful as this serene lake. And when they dance with ghungroo tied on their feet then even the swans of this lake look

Shubman saw Ishan looking at him listening intently with his lips slightly parted. He leaned a bit more closer continuing, "Aur jab who mujhe pyaar se dekhta hai toh pata hai kaisa lagta hai?" (And when he looks at me with so much love..you know how it feels?)

Ishan barely whispered, "Kaisa lagta hai?" (How does it feel?)

Shubman gently lifted Ishan's hand and kept it on his chest making him feel his quick heart beats.

Shubman: Aisa lagta hai.. (it feels like this.)

Ishan felt Shubman's heartbeat which pretty much resembled his own. He couldn't tear his eyes away from Shubman whose face was was so close to his own, his eyes looking at him as if he's the moon itself and his lips...Ishan's eyes flickered to Shubman's lips and Shubman took it as a sign. He leaned more closer to Ishan but caeful to not scaring him away. He didn't want to do anything without Ishan's consent although he could see the same longing in Ishan's face.

He stopped an inch away from Ishan's face and joined their forehead. Ishan knew this was wrong but oh how right it felt...unable to stop himself. He joined their lips together. He freezed but Shubman responded back after a second, moving his lips to kiss Ishan. Ishan moved his other hand around Shubman's shoulder as Shubman deepened the kiss with Ishan kissing him back with equal passion. Ishan's hand tightened on Shubman's kurta where Shubman kept his hand to feel his heartbeat.

Few tears fell from Shubman's eyes all while his hand was cupping Ishan's face while the other one was in Ishan's hair.

On the other hand, multiple emotions were conflicting in Ishan's heart but he didn't want to lose this moment yet. He knew this was wrong, but the desire and longing he felt for Shubman finally made sense to him. This was where he belonged, this felt like his destiny.

He felt Shubman's tear drop on his shoulder which made him to push Shubman away as he realised the consequence of his actions. He realised the weight of what he just did. He got up and started to run away even when Shubman tried to stop him. Shubman knew this could happen, it is not that easy to understand their love. A sob broke through his body. He knows Ishan loves him back and needs time but only if the moment had not ended like this. He always wanted to hold Ishan like this, his Ishan. But now he knows he won't lose Ishan that easily...he would fight for them. He will have to and he would make Ishan understand their love beyond the societal norms.

He started to move out of the forest when his foot hit something. He bent down to pick it up. It was one of the anklets he gave Ishan. He smiled with sadness in his eyes thinking just like the this anklet, his heart's other half is also with Ishan.

He returned home in daze not realising his steps nor his path. He only realised he reached home when Abhishek kept a hand on his shoulder and Shubman immediately hugged him and broke down telling him the whole event near the lake. Abhishek helped him wash his face outside the house and regain his composure before he entered the house.

As soon as he entered the house, his Mohit chacha enveloped him in a hug congratulating him and announced, "Badhaai ho Shubman parso teri shaadi ke liye rishta aa raha hai Bombay se. Ladki ke pariwaar ka. Wahan bohot bada printing press hai unka aur pata hai...."(Congratulations Shubman. Day after tomorrow the family with your marriage proposal is coming from Bombay. They have a huge printing press and you know...) Mohit kept rambling about the girl and his family while Shubman's anger was boiling deep inside him.

He ignored everything and started walking to his room instructing everyone to stay away from him. When Sunaina tried to stop him, he pushed a vas near the stairs and ran up to his room stopping Sunaina mid way. Entire family was shook by this behaviour of Shubman. But Abhishek tried to cover up saying Shubman is just not ready for marriage and all and ran towards Shubman's room only to find his room locked. Abhishek banged the door only to hear the sound of breaking from inside and a loud yell telling him to go away.

Abhishek knew only Ishan could open this door now and for that he needed help.

.

.

.

.

Trust me when I say, I put my sweat and tears in this chapter cuz I literally did. This was one of the most toughest chapter I wrote because its you can say part of my real experience minus the good part. It didn't turn out the best but I hope you guys liked it.

Also most of you dont comment but I love to read ur opinions and suggestions so pwease pwease comment and yeah stay healthy and happy

Special mention to @kaira-lucy_hiwatari for helping me write this chapter and being my 'only' braincell