Jaane kitne baras ke baad.

{Author's note: I have changed the timeline of the song release because I really loved this song and wanted to tie this chapter together through it. I would suggest you to read the chapter while listening to this song. 😊}

Ishan looked awestruck by the sight of Shubman standing there with the half buttoned white silk shirt loosely clung on his body. The last rays of sun painted the sky pink in the background as Ishan stood there mouth slightly open. Shubman's cheeks also reflected the hues of the pink sky as he saw Ishan just staring at him. Shubman finally broke his daze, kept the red wine glass on the dresser and moved towards Ishan.

Time had stopped from Ishan until Shubman snapped his fingers in front of his eyes. Ishan blinked out of his daze and immediately blushed as he realized he was caught staring.

Shubman asked him with a smile, "Aaj mere darwaaze par kaise aana hua?" (How come you have stepped in my doorway today?)

Ishan tried to form coherent words but he was just too awestruck to say anything. He just coughed to regain his composure, "Wo- woh kaaki ne bola ki tumhare kamre mein jaane."(Ka-kaaki told me to come to your room.) Shubman just moved closer, "Kaaki ne bola? hmm"(Kaaki told you? hmm). He felt Ishan's breath hitch at the sudden closeness. Ishan just averted his gaze and moved past him, "Haan aur waise bhi tum akele yahan kar kya rahe ho?" (Yes and anyways what are you doing sulking here alone?)

Shubman just loved to get these reactions out of Ishan and replied, "Bas gaane sunn raha hoon....tumhari yaad mein" (I was just listening to music....in your memories.) and wiggled his brows.

Ishan just laughed and said, "Paagal....aur yeh kaisa gaana hai?" (Idiot...and what kind of music is this?)

Shubman extended his hand towards Ishan, "This is jazz mr."

Ishan: Kya? (What?)

Shubman: Care for a dance?

Ishan looked dumbfounded at that. Shubman moved closer to Ishan extending his hand and said, "Tumne mujhe Kathak sikhaya toh main bhi tumhe waltz sikhaunga." (You taught me Kathak and in return, I'll teach you waltz.)

Ishan shook his head, "Yeh sab London ka dhang mujhe nahi samajh aata" (I don't understand the culture of London at all.)

Shubman made a pout at that and extended his hand again.

Ishan just huffed and finally decided to give in to his cute friend's request. He gave his palm into Shubman's palm as Shubman dragged him towards the balcony all while pulling down the curtains that separated the room and the balcony.

He adjusted Ishan's hands around his neck and he himself snaked his arms around Ishan's waist pulling him slightly closer. As if on cue "Its been a long, long time" by Harry James started playing on the stereo.

Ishan just giggled and said, "Ye kaisa nritya hai?"(What kind of dance is this?) Shubman just put his finger on his lips to shush him. Shubman started leading the movement as slowly they caught the rhythm.

[ Never thought that you would be,
Standing here so close to me.
There's so much I feel that I should say,
But words can wait until some other day. ]

The lyrics resonated with Shubman's unsaid desires. A faint smile played on his face as he kept looking at Ishan's beautiful honey brown orbs. Ishan coudn't understand a single syllable of the song but a similar feeling ignited in the core of his heart as he looked into Shubman's eyes with the same fervour.

[Kiss me once, then kiss me twice,
Then kiss me once again.
It's been a long, long time.
Haven't felt like this, my dear,
Since I can't remember when
It's been a long, long time]

They kept rhythimically moving on the beats as they drifted in to the world that belong to them and them only. Ocassionally, Ishan stepped on Shubman's feet here and there as a giggle erupted from both of them but they continued dancing as if they have dancing like this in each other's arms since eternity. Neither wanted to break the moment nor they wished to acknowledge the unspoken feelings between them. The sky was coloured in the shades of roses as if gods themselves were bestowing blessings upon this ethereal dance of love.

Ishan settled his head on Shubman's chest listening to his heartbeats eyes closed enjoying the warmth of the man holding him in his arms as he was the most precious jewel in the world.

[You'll never know how many dreams
I've dreamed about you
Or just how empty they all seemed without you
So kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time]

Shubman just fondly kissed the top of Ishan's head and closed his eyes resting his chin on top of Ishan's head as he tightened his grip around Ishan's waist. A smile was plastered on his lips as a few tears escaped his eyes. He had always dreamt of holding his..his Ishu in arms and to never let him ago. Both of them kept dancing as the sun crossed the horizon...sealing their complex journey to conquer their love. This was the beginning of their forever? As the moment seemed to last for forever and neither would complain about it.

They didn't realize they had an audience witnessing their shadow through the curtains.

.

.

.

This is one of my favourite chapters I have ever written. Hope you all enjoyed it. Next update will take a bit time. Till then, lots on love, hugs and kisses to my precious readers. xoxoxo