Chapter 5: ~ Reuniting ~

It had been a bit since I came here. After finding out they were doing the extermination sooner, and early, I knew I could go back to heaven soon. Yet, these months with these people in the hotel had made me feel more loved than anything. I never thought I'd find friends and happiness in hell rather than heaven.

Though, what I'd never expect, is to find out Lucifer was coming to visit the hotel. And that's when I panicked.

"Miss Lydia, please calm down!" Sir pentious, a resident that arrived at the hotel months ago, said to me, in an attempt to calm me down.

"Oh but I can't! If HE'S coming here, oh what will he do if he sees me! We haven't seen each other in decades!" I panicked. Tears in my eyes. I don't do well under pressure.

"It'll be okay I'm sure. He's coming to see a lot of new things. Don't worry, I'm sure his main focus won't be on you." Charlie said with a nervous smile. Patting my back.

Her words calmed me down, just a bit. I sighed. "Alright..When's he coming?"

"well...now.." Charlie admitted.

"NOW??" I then panicked again. Making them sigh.

...

...

...

"CHARLIEEE!!" Lucifer exclaimed as he arrived at the hotel. Noticing his daughter first before anything. 

"Hey...dad.." Charlie said, trying to speak through his tight hug.

I was hiding slightly. Using Vaggie as a shield of sorts.

As he was being introduced slowly to everyone, and to the hotel....it got to me.

With an encouraging nudge from Vaggie, I slowly walked over to introduce myself. And yet..when I wanted to speak, nothing came out. It was as if I had forgotten how to talk. My hands were noticebly trembling, when I saw his shocked face after seeing me decades later.

"Lydia...! A..nice surprise..?" Lucifer would speak, unsure of how to react. "I haven't seen you in decades! How've..you been?"

A slight nudge from Charlie, followed by a smile from her broke me out of my trance. I let out a soft sigh and nervously smiled.

"I uh..good..how have you been?" I lied. Not wanting to worry him. I figured he had been through too much by now.

"Good good. It's..been a while since I last saw you." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

I nodded. Not really speaking anymore. My mind was racing. This was not how I expected reconnecting with him would go as it was pretty awkward, considering the situation currently.