Chapter 7: ~ The War ~

Lydias POV. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the upcoming early extermination was soon, I had heard from Charlie that the meeting and the plan to convince heaven of her hotel idea had failed. When I heard this, I felt a bit of rage. Heaven is so ignorant..They refuse to help those in need, all because of some mistakes they've made in the past. They never give a second chance. 

So when I heard that they were planning to fight back against heaven, in a fit of war, I told Lucifer. In which, we both agreed we'd help out. 

It took awhile for us to get suited for war. 

Lucifer didn't change much, except for his suit. 

While I  changed outfits completely. My normal angel outfit switched out for a long red coat, white undersuit, black pants and boots. 

It took us so long, that by the time we got there, havoc had been wrecked already. And while Lucifer protected Charlie, I was face to face with Lute, who seemed to have been already hurt, yet looked like she still had some fight in her. 

"Lydia..What the hell are you doing here..?" Lute would say, her words stumbled as she was in a bit of pain due to her left arm that looked like it had been ripped off.

I was pretty upset given the situation. So I obviously spoke in a more stern tone. "I could say the same for you..Why attack these sinners? Why attack this hotel? When they have been doing what Heaven should have been doing years ago?" I snapped. 

"I'm simply following orders. And you're in the way!" Lute would snap, raising her weapon.

I widened my eyes, and raised mine. Now we were fighting. I was fighting my old friend, who I thought I could trust. 

As we fought one on one, I couldn't help but at least try to sway her thoughts to the right direction. "You know..You could just, turn a new leaf..right? Killing souls is not very..holy!" I said, struggling to speak properly through the battle.

While Lute didn't say anything in response, she surely looked more angry as I tried to sway her with words. Despite seeing her in pain, she seemed determined to hurt or even kill me. 

I grumbled. Though, my attention drifted to other angels, who seemed to try and gain the upperhand while I was distracted. Yet..that's when I heard it.

*scream*

A scream in the distance. Much like the others during this great battle of life or death. Yet their wallows of distress were covered by the manic laughter of those finding joy in harming souls like us. 

The firey pits of hell itself.

They were used to hearing screams, it was like any other day.

It entertained them greatly to see us suffer.

But I wondered. Would they look at me, a fellow angel, and see me as a sinner as well? 

Would I be targetted? Or did they just see me as an obstacle in the way.

Yet, all my questions running through my mind would soon be answered as I felt a pain in my chest.

...

...

...