Chapter 6: ~ Rekindling ~

After Lucifer reconnected with Charlie, met the others, and agreed to help Charlie with meeting heaven, he managed to get her a meeting in heaven. And while I wanted to go with them, to get back into heaven myself, I was invited by Lucifer himself to his home. He wanted a one on one chat with me. So of course I said yes.

So there I was. At the door, terrified to knock. When I did, I held my breath.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

...

"Lydia! I'm glad you made it!!" Lucifer exclaimed when he opened the door. The breath I was holding released as I instead smiled warmly at him.

"Come in come in! We have much to catch up on!" He offered, allowing me to step in. 

As I walked in, we both settled down on the sofa, with some tea he made in preparation for the visit. It was awkwardly silent for a bit, before I broke the silence.

"Soo..could I ask, what have you been up to ever since uh..we lost contact?" I asked. Tilting my head slightly.

"Oh well, as you know, I fell in love with Lilith..ended up having a daughter, Charlie, which you've met. But uh..me and Lilith ended up spliting. Not to mention the fact that she's disappeared for seven years now. I still don't know why." He explained, his eyes softened with saddness.

My heart sunk for him once I heard Liliths disappearence as well as his divorce. "I'm so sorry.." I put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. 

I noticed a soft blush creep on his face, before he cleared his throat. "What about you?"

"Me? oh uh-" I took my hand away. "Well, not much. After you fell, I sort of, kept coming up with those ideas we used to make. They'd always get brushed away though.."

"So the usual, huh?" He chuckled.

"Yeah..still obsessed with ducks as ever?" I smiled. Finding a bit of teasing to be fitting for the moment.

"Of course I am. You and your cat obsession..?" He smirked. The moment becoming rather playful.

"Hey, who wouldn't be obsessed with cats!" I snapped playfully. We both ended up laughing.

"I missed this..What made you come all this way down to hell?" He asked.

"I uh..sort of came to see you." I chuckled nervously. A blush on my face.

"Oh?" Lucifer blushed. It seemed like he was speechless for the time being. It was cute..

The silence came back, though this time it was more pleasant. 

...

...

...

As we got to know eachother once more, it was like we never drifted apart. We were still the same decades later. Which only amplified my previous feelings for him. I wasn't sure if he felt the same, and I'd surely not ask now. Perhaps in the future. 

Soon, I felt a yawn coming up. 

"Tired?" Lucifer asked as I yawned, a soft smile on his face.

"Maybe.." I said, followed by another yawn. As the exhaustion crept up, I felt myself slowly fall asleep. My head falling to rest on his shoulder.

Lucifers POV.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I froze and even jumped a bit as I felt her head rest on my shoulder. I felt my face heat up a bit. 

"huh.." I smiled. 

I wrapped an arm around her. She looked exhausted. Was she not saying the full truth when talking about how she was? It seemed unusual..

If only I had asked her before she drifted off.

I shrugged mentally, and pulled her closer instinctively. As my mind raced. Was I falling for her? I couldn't tell. I mean, I was happy to see her again. Very happy, since we've been apart for so long. But part of my mind also questions whether that's love or not.

Before I knew it, I was falling asleep as well. Succumbing to the drowsiness.