Chapter 16: ~ The End of an Era ~

...

...

...

"CHARLIE!" I exclaimed. 

Lute attacked her.

That bitch..

Attacked her while she was distracted.

...

...

...

I growled. Furious. 

Ignoring my own pain, fueled by my rage, I got up. Stumbling, but got up nonetheless.

My body trembled with anger, and fueled by the frustration, that demon form of mine came out.

My wings came out, My eyes shifted to that red and white color, even a tail I apparently had came out. 

Though I couldn't care less about my new appearance, as the one I absolutely considered a daughter had gotten injured.

...

...

...

*STAB*

Blinded by my rage, I stabbed Lute with my spear behind her back.

"YOU BITCH!" I yelled. I felt out of it, as I was far too angry to realize what I had just done.

As she yelped in pain, attempting to fight back, I kept stabbing her.

And stabbing her..

And stabbing her..

Until, I had felt a hand on my shoulder.

Lucifer, who was holding Charlie, who didn't look too injured, yet still hurt nonetheless, looked at me with a concerned look.

Their looks calmed me down, as I stopped. Pulling my spear away. 

I stumbled back. Looking at Lute who was now in great amounts of pain.

It made me realize what I had done.  I widened my eyes.

"Lute.. I'm sorry." I apologized. Though words weren't nearly enough.

I held out my hand, offering it to her as if to help. 

Though she smacked it away.

"Please.. Let me help you.." I pleaded.

"I don't want your help. You "helped" enough.." She growled. Before stumbling up. Leaving in an attempt to flee.

As I saw her leave my sight, the adrenaline that was previously running through my body faded. The pain in my body catching up to me. 

I groaned, and before I knew it, I blacked out.

...

...

...

I woke up a few minutes later. Feeling a pair of arms holding me. 

It was Lucifer. 

Charlie being right beside him, she looked better. That's good..

I smiled softly.

"You both okay..?" I asked. Concerned for their wellbeing rather than mine.

As they nodded, I gave them a weak smile. Which then was interrupted by a cough of blood. 

Turns out, they had tried to patch me up, but the stab previously had pierced through very important internal organs. 

Which..

Was too severe to heal with simple medical supplies on the side.

I felt Lucifer hold me close with a shaky breath. While Charlie placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"You're gonna be fine.." I heard Charlie say. Yet despite her words, her voice had this hint of uncertainty.

My eyes softened as I realized what was happening. Which then, I smiled. 

"Hey..at least I protected you both.." I said softly. Accepting my fate.

I could see both of them tear up, which I hadn't noticed previously until now. 

"Everyone else okay?" I asked.

"They're.. They're fine.." Lucifer said, his voice trembling. 

I felt my vision growing foggy. I groaned, and sighed.

"You know.." I began. "I'm glad I came here.. I met people who saw me as a person.. Met the love of my life.." I looked at Lucifer. "And gained a daughter I've always wished to have.." I then looked at Charlie.

I hugged them both, pulling them close. "I love you both.. A lot.. You know that?" I smiled.

"We love you too.. " Charlie said with a saddened smile. 

"Stop saying it like that.. You're gonna be fine." Lucifer said, practically pleading. 

Though, despite his words, I felt my vision growing more foggy and less clear. I held them both close. 

"You're like.. The family I've always wanted.." I said.

...

...

...

And after those final words, I exhaled a final time, before my body went limp. The light left my eyes.. And that was it. Hearing their soft sobs as I finally passed on..

...

...

...

Or so I thought..

-END-

A/N: Thank you so much for reading!! I had so much fun writing this, and I'm grateful you took time out of your day to read it! 

I do plan to do another book, so stay tuned for that! ;]

Thank you for reading again!!

<3