Chapter 11: ~ A New Start ~

*Step*

*Step*

*Step*

As I heard the footsteps, I opened my eyes. Only to be greeted by demons who saw my fall. Yet, they hadn't looked as if they felt any sympathy for me, but rather bloodthirsty. I screamed, immediately getting up and flying off with what little strength I had left from the fall. Hiding in an alleyway. 

"This sucks ass.." I groaned to myself. Then had realized I just cussed. I sighed. "Man..I'm not really holy anymore am I.." I looked at my hands. Then noticed a window. I got up, taking a glance at my reflection to see what I looked like. My eyes widened. Even my eyes changed..and I had sharp teeth. I had horns too? At least they were pretty. They were long horns with black, white, and purple stripes. I groaned. Tucking away my wings, before stepping out.

...

...

...

Avoiding demons left and right, I managed to get to Lucifers home. Which, I hoped he was there, as I was closer to this place than the hotel, and had no energy to turn back. As I knocked on the door, I noticed someone pacing around before pausing, and coming to the door.

"Lydia!! What the hell happened to you?" Lucifer widened his eyes in seeing me.

"Long story.." I said in an exhausted tone. 

As he let me inside, he settled me onto the sofa. I leaned into him as he sat beside me.

"Everything hurts.." I complained. Smiling as I felt him rub my arm comfortingly in response. 

"Tell me what happened, dear.." I heard him say softly. 

....

....

....

I felt him tense up as I finished explaining all that had happened. 

"Damn assholes.." I heard him curse under his breath.

I sighed. Finding solace in his embrace, however. 

There was a long pause, before I heard him speak up.

"But hey.."

"hm?" I raised an eyebrow.

"At least you look hot." I heard him say, looking up at him. Being greeted by a sly smirk.

"Oh shut up you!" I scoffed playfully, lightly nudging him. "I do not."

I felt him chuckle, as he pulled me closer. I crossed my arms with a playful pout. 

"Yeah you do. But seriously, this won't change how I feel about you. Know that, alright?" He said softly. He caressed my cheek, a very obvious look of adoration in his eyes.

"Thank you. That means a lot." I blushed.

"Of course of course. Are you hungry at all? Need anything?" He asked.

"Err..if anything, I'm just tired. Mentally, but also physically." I explained.

"Right right..You did fall a long way.. Let's get you to bed then." He chuckled, picking me up. I was far too tired to protest, but rather leaned into his hold on me as he walked to the bedroom.

I felt my drowsiness increase as he placed me in the bed. Pulling the covers over me and tucking me in. He caressed my cheek, and softly spoke. "Call me if you need anything, alright?" 

I nodded. Snuggling into the covers as I settled in. Blushing as he kissed my forehead. His touch was so loving..

"Love you!" I quickly said, rather flustered. 

I saw him blush, before smiling. "Love you too. Goodnight." He said as he walked to the door. Turning the light off, and shutting the door. Leaving me to rest. Before I knew it, I succumbed to the drowsiness and drifted off.