13: The amulets

A/n: sorry for all the cliffhangers guys:) It was fun to write though!

Ps: short chappy ahead:(

~*~

Marshall's POV

Two small gems sat in the case, strung on different types of chains.

Fi looked at them wide eyed. "they are so pretty.."She slurred, Her eyes locked on them.

One was on a black leather chain, with a nicely sized red gem. It seemed to actually be filled with a thick red substance, that strangely enough- looked like blood. The other, hung on a small silvery blue chain. This one was smaller, but also shared the liquid effect, except it was a stunning blue.

Fi looked up at me with an excited expression. "I wonder what they're for?!"

"Obviously for wearing." I chuckled, picking up the blue one, leaning over, and securing it around her neck. It looked even more stunning on her. She gave me a huge smile, and copied my actions, except with the red one.

The second the gem touched my skin, I could feel an obvious difference in something- I couldn't quite place my finger on it, but there was definitely something. I felt normal- just more..

I couldn't find the words for it. I didn't feel stronger or weaker- it was more of a melancholy feeling.

Shaking it off, glancing at the dark sky, I reluctantly reminded fionna (who was still admiring her jewel) "I should probably get you home doll." She just smiled and nodded, until something came to her mind. "Cake's gonna kill me. Again."

"She'll have to go through me first." I told her, puffing out my chest protectively. She giggled, and climbed into my arms, allowing me to fly her home. It was crazy how many times I would feel slight Déjà vu when we did this. It was like a never ending cycle- me and fi go adventuring, I have to fly her home, cake gets mad at her, but never that mad. Every time this happened, it seemed cake would get 10% madder than the time before, just at me. It wasn't always completely my fault.

We flew for a while in silence, with me, every so often, casually admiring her.

We got there in a matter of minutes it seemed- unlike on the way there. The sun was completely down. I set her down on their front steps, trying to decide if I should stay or not.

"Come in!" She insisted, pulling on my sleeve and towards the front door.

I decided to follow, but just for a little while. I didn't want to listen to more of cakes nagging than I had to.

She opened their front door to release the smell of pancakes into the air. Bacon pancakes.

She slithered into the house with me closely behind. It was weird, the lights in the house were slightly dimmed, as if we were in some romantic scene of a movie. We snuck- until we heard a yappy "fionna, babycakes- where have you been?!"

~*~

Fionna's POV

"Fionna, babycakes- where have you been?!" Cake questioned, with a voice that was less angry than I expected it to be. "Probably should tell her now while she's only glaring" I told myself. I looked down at her guiltily, and began to sum up my day. "Um.. This morning I woke up, and went over to Marshall's. prince gumball hit on me, and marshy here flew me into the woods, and we explored a dungeon. We found a box, and were chased by a two headed dragon- lion." I finished in a huff.

Cake looked at me angrily, not surprised. "Honey why do you always do things like this?" She asked, actually- literally tapping her foot. "I don't know- wait, adventure?" I challenged, a bit confused. "Whats wrong with a little adventure?"