10: He would never hurt me

~*~

Fionna's POV

I woke up peacefully again, on the plasticky hospital bed. I actually hated that place. it was all "calming and quiet." i needed exiting. I rubbed my eyes, and glanced across the room towards the chairs. Marshall was floating over a few of them, sleeping, with one arm resting on his chest, and the other dangling at the floor. His hair fell perfectly and effortlessly around his face.

I had to admit; he looked exhausted. I couldn't believe he went through all that for me. After a few moments of observing him, I began to feel.. Off. I didn't feel sick , and my cuts didn't hurt. The feeling was something I couldn't describe. It made me feel worried, and slightly scared. It made me feel like someone was.. watching us.

I scanned the room, on alert. After a minute or so, I let my guard down. The birds were singing and the sun was shining. It seemed pretty normal to me. that eerie feeling was still in the back of my mind though.

I shielded my eyes from the incoming sunlight, and glanced back at the sleeping vampire, who actually wasn't sleeping anymore. He laid in the same position, just eyeing me with a huge grin. "...marsh?" I quietly called. "Oh, morning FiFi." He yawned, before casually throwing his hands behind his head.

He acted like some kind of player, which I knew he wasn't. But it still bothered me.

"Hey.." I sleepily answered. He got to his feet, shook his hair, and floated over to me. "dr. Prince told me that you get outta here today." He dusted off his flannel, pulling on the collar.

My subconscious interrupted me, "he's acting like a jerk again.." I agreed, but not completely. I was too distracted.

"Really?!" I asked him, filled with excitement. "No, just kidding. You have to stay in here for another week." he said, keeping a straight face.

I could feel the blood rushing to my head. "What?! A whole week? Why?!?"

~*~

Marshall's POV

Fi was so gullible, and I loved it. I wasn't even trying and she still believed me. Fionna whined, "what?! a whole week? Why?!?"

"Calm down, baby. I was joking. You get out today." I told her, chuckling.

She looked at me in astonishment and whined, "why do you always trick me?!"

I just gave her a sly look, and moved closer to her, until we were nose to nose. "Because it's fun." I whispered, shrugging and smirking. I swiftly moved away, taking her breath with me.

~*~

Gumball's POV

"Fionna had to be up by now. She always woke up early." I thought to myself, fast walking through the hospitals hallways. Several of the workers gave me strange looks. I wanted to go see her.. And make sure that awful Marshall abadeer wasn't there. If he wasn't there at all, I wouldn't of had a problem. But he was, and I did. He was my problem. And what do I do with problems? I get rid of them.

That is, if I statistically would be able to, judging on the fact that he was a bloodsucking vampire, and I was a.. Piece of gum...

Wow, that didn't level out well. I would definitely ... Lose. For now I would stay neutral.

I reluctantly opened the door to Fionna's room; room 114.

I heard a deep "sup gumbutt."

I hated when he called me that, but I kept my cool. Marshall abadeer stood waiting, arms crossed and feet away from Fionna's bed. "How are you doing fionna?" I asked her, deciding to ignore the little devil. "I'm great.." She replied, uncomfortably. "Fantastic. Alright, dr. Prince says that you're fully recovered, and you're free to go."

Relief spread across her face, and she smiled, "thanks gumbu- GUMBALL." She corrected herself. Some people would argue that if was just a simple mistake. Well that simple mistake broke my heart.

~*~

Fionna's POV

Gumball had awkwardly interrupted the conversation me and Marshall were having, to tell us that It was ok to leave. Of course I was overjoyed. Only I mistakenly called him gumbutt instead of gumball.. After that, he just quietly left the room.

Words couldn't explain how much I wanted to walk on my leg. An adventuress could only rest for so long. I unwrapped my bandages, to reveal nine fully healed scars. They didn't hurt at all anymore.

"Sweet." I heard Marshall say. "Lets go. Like now." I obeyed the vampire, and started to slowly walk out the door, but was stopped by something. Marshall had picked me up bridal style, and flew me out the window.

I squealed, and he snickered. He continued to fly me towards the treehouse, doing multiple tricks and flips that made me dizzy.

I realized something while he flew. I hadn't been home for three days.

"Cakes gonna kill me!!" I told Marshall, which just brought another smirk to his face. "Oh my god." He said, laughing.

~*~

Cake's POV

Day three with no Fionna. I've searched high and low for that girl, and nothin. I was so worried about her- what if that evil Marshall took her?! She'd probably be turned by now. The thought of it sent shivers down my spine. I searched at gumball's castle the first day, so she couldn't be there. I was too afraid to check Marshall's cave. I just hoped she was ok. I missed her.

I heard the door open to the treehouse. I kept quiet, creeping down the ladder. "Fionna?!?" I asked, stretching towards her and squeezing her into a hug. My expression darkened at the figure behind her. Marshall lee.

~*~

Marshall's POV

"Fionna?!?" The cat hugged fi, and gave me the death stare. I just excepted it as a compliment, and smirked at her. Once cake was done with her hug, she got right to the lame overprotective stuff. "Fionna, where WERE YOU?!" She asked, angrily. It was like one of those situations where the angry parent would tap their foot at the kid. Fi replied with a uncertain "I... Uh.. I was..."

I stepped in between them, making cake glare at me. "Fionna," I started, "had been attacked by a mutant bear three days ago." Cakes expression faded. "I, found her in the woods, all bloody and cut. I took her to the hospital, and that's where she stayed the rest of the time." I finished, cleanly. I decided to leave out the part about how it was all my fault. It was probably better for everyone.

Cake didn't move. "How can I trust you?" She asked me, with furrowed eyebrows and her arms crossed. I simply shrugged, and pointed to Fionna's scars. Cake gasped. "Fionna, Are you alright baby-cakes?!?" She asked worriedly. "I'm alright cake." Fionna told her, giggling.

"Come have some hot coco ." Cake insisted, pulling Fionna into the kitchen, with me floating closely behind. "Math." Fionna shrugged, as cake placed two hot chocolates at the table. I sat beside them, watching Fionna drink the chocolate. I've missed the taste of chocolate the most. After her first sip, she raised an eyebrow at cake. "Don't we have anything for Marshall?" Cake put her cup down with a dissatisfied face. "Like what?" Fionna shrugged, and turned to me questioningly, "I don't know, like what?" I grinned, and floated out of my seat, close to her. "Blood." I told her, with red eyes and a demonic voice, showing my fangs.

Just then, cake jumped out of her seat, and onto my face, scratching violently and shouting, "Don't you hurt my baby!" "Kitty! Ah- get- off me!" I hissed, as she continued to scratch. Fionna pulled cake away from my face, telling her that i was joking. she was right. she knew me too well. I gasped in relief, laying on the kitchen floor. my face was ripped up, covered in my own black blood.

My blood was black, because of all the other blood I drank had mixed together, making a it dark red, almost black color.

Fionna gasped at the sight of me. "Marshall your..." "I know, my face." I told her, standing up. She watched in awe as the blood on my face quickly dried up into tiny flakes, and the scratches healed themselves in seconds. The flakes fell off my face and onto the floor, leaving me unharmed. Her and the cat just stood there, their mouthes wide. "How-how did you.." Fionna began to ask. "Don't you remember? Vampire." I replied, gesturing to my fangs. "Oh." She said with a smile. She turned back to cake, and gave her a scowl. "what the lump, cake?" The cat just looked down at the floor with a guilty look on her face. "Sorry baby.. I thought he was going to hurt you." Fi turned to me with the biggest grin. "He would never hurt me."

That sparked at my heart, knowing that she trusted me. That someone trusted the vampire king. It felt good. No one had trusted me for awhile.

I smiled at her, reassuring cake. The cat just rolled her eyes, and walked out of the room calling, "meet me upstairs when you're done fionna."

I couldn't believe it; that cat actually had half excepted me. I frowned, realizing that meant I had to go soon. "Sounds like cake wants me to go." I said, starting to float towards the door. After a few seconds, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, and turned around to see fi, just smiling at me. "See you later Marshall." I smiled back, "yeah, maybe we can do something fun soon." She lightly blushed. I needed to fix that. I lowered my feet to the ground, and stole a cute, short kiss, tasting like vanilla. I stepped back into the air, floating backwards out the door, winking at her. I left her standing there with a face as red as a tomato.