Chapter Five: Interviews

(^^Sarah's Interview Dress ^^)

~Sarah's P.O.V.~

When Effie and Jorge found out both had different reactions, Effie was worried and mad, as usual. Jorge on the other hand found it funny. Minho was as shocked as any, Harriet tried to calm Effie down as she yelled at me for doing that.

"Are you crazy?" Effie said angrily.

"I just got mad."

"Mad?" Effie retorted. " You realize that your actions reflect badly on all of us. Not just you!"

"They just want a good show." Harriet said calmly.

Effie didn't listen to Harriet. "How about it's just bad manners, Harriet, how about that. Well, finally! I hope you realize we have a serious situation."

Jorge walked into the room, gave me a thumbs up and smiled. "Nice shooting, hermana." He laughed sitting down in a chair. "What did they do after you shot the arrow?"

"Well, they looked pretty startled." I explained.

"What did you say, thank you for your..."

"Thanks for your consideration." We both laughed, I hated to admit it but it was kind of funny.

Jorge was the only one who found it funny. "Genius! Genius."

Effie interrupted us. "I don't think we're gonna find this funny if the Gamemakers decided to take it out..."

"On who? On him," he pointed at Minho. "On her." He pointed at me. "I think they already have, loosen your corset, have a drink. I would have given anything to see it."

Finally it was time for the scores to be announced, I was prepared to accept a bad score, Minho had a little more faith in me. Effie shared my worries. Harriet and Jorge tried to assure me I'd be fine, even Portia was worried but I think she was more worried about them taking it out on Minho. To be fair, I was too. At the end it was finally our turn. Minho went first.

"From District 12, Minho Lee," Caesar Flickerman said. "With a score of...10"

He stared at the TV with wide eyes, I wasn't surprised, he got the same score as two of the Careers. Everyone cheered for him and Effie commented that we could work with that. Sponsors would be generous to him. As for me, I wasn't sure.

"Finally, from district 12, Sarah Jackson. With a score of... 11"

Eleven!? No one had gotten that, not even the careers they all nines or tens. But an Eleven? That is unexpected and a little odd for someone like me. I'd be a target for sure because of that.

"I thought they hated me." I said still in shock.

"They must've liked your guts," Jorge commented. Maybe Jorge was right and I was overthinking this.

~

Then it was time for the interviews, I didn't know how to walk in heels. Effie made me practice all day. Jorge told me the only thing that people would notice about me was my score and volunteering for my sister. Even that wasn't much to go off of. If only I could make the crowd like me... I may have been wearing a pretty dress which made me look soft but I wasn't. 

"Amazing." Harriet gushed.

"I don't feel amazing."

"Don't you know how beautiful you look?"

"No," I snapped. "And I don't know how to make people like me, how do you make people like you?"

"You made me like you," Harriet said.