Chapter 17

**Harry's POV**

"Mommy!!" The kids both scream and run straight to her.

Anais bent down to give them a lot of love and I hope they don't notice the bruise on her face and neck. She was wearing a grey hoodie with a pair of jean shorts. My heartaches for this beautiful woman. If only we didn't break up, this would have never happen again. I know Bryan did this to her and she's going to come up with some kind of lie about it. She's holding our children close to her and tears start to stream down her face.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Ramos asks her and wipes her tears away with his tiny hands.

"I just missed my babies." She says and smiles at him. "I got you some presents." She says and takes off the backpack that I now notice she has on.

The kids are both jumping and squealing. Anais takes out two little bags and hands the presents to them.

"Hey, kids, why don't y'all go to the living room and open your presents. I'm gonna talk to your mom." I tell them and Anais looks at me with a little bit of fear in her eyes.

The kids run to the couch and look at what their mom brought them. I grab onto Anais' hand to pull her up and follow me into the office I have in the house. Once the door closes, Anais just breaks down and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her broken body. Her body is shaking in my arms. I feel her tears soaking the shirt I'm wearing

"Did he do this to you?" I finally ask her to break the silence and all I can get out of her was a loud sob. I don't notice that the tears are streaming down my face until I feel them drip down my neck. "I'm going to kill him. " I growl and her arms around me tighten. "Look at me, baby."

"I can't." She sobs.

I cup her chin with my hand and force her to look at me. My heart breaks even more. There's a bruise that looks like she was choked for a long amount of time, her eyebrow got a cut on it, and her lip was busted. I run my finger over her busted lip and a hiss comes out of her mouth. I pull her back into me and all I want to do is to keep her here, away from that devil who stole her from me. He was supposed to take my place and protect her, but now he wants to put hands on the love of my life and the mother of my children.

"Do you need to go take a shower?" I ask her, knowing if she needs just a moment to relax and wash away what happened to her.

"Is that okay?" I nod and grab her hand to pull her out of the office.

She disappears up the stairs to the bathroom and I walk to the living room to see the kids playing with their new presents. Their excitement brings a smile onto my face, but it quickly disappears as soon as the image of Anais' face makes it way back into my brain. How dare he do this to her? She better go back to him, because I will not let my children stay there. Just the thought of him laying a finger on them makes me want to leave and drive over to his house to beat the living shit out of him. I haven't put hands on anyone in such a very long time, but I know I still got it.

"Okay, kiddos, it's time for bed." I say to them and they both groan out in annoyance.

I pick the two complaining kids up with ease and carry them to their rooms. We do our nightly routine and, after they are both asleep, I go try to find Anais. After checking the bathroom and noticing that there's nothing there but a pile of clothes she had on, I find her in my room in my shirt and nothing else sitting on the bed. I love seeing her in my shirt. She's already tall for a woman so it stops mid thigh on her. She was sitting crisscrossed with her hands covering her face. I rush to her side and pull her into my lap. The painful cries from her mouth fills the dimly lit room.

"Baby, I can't let you go back over there." I tell her and she just keeps pulling onto my shirt to pull me closer. My arms tighten around her so hard that I think that she wont be able to breathe, but I know that's all she wants is for someone to hold her. I know that I can hold her the way she wants. If I could pull her into my skin, I would.

"I don't know what to do." She mumbles against my chest.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" I ask with anger deep into my voice. I am now kneeling in front of her while she sits on the bed. My hands cup her beautifully bruised face. "Look at what he did to you. He doesn't love you."

"Harry, we aren't together anymore. I have nowhere to go." She says and pushes my hands away from her face.

"I would never do this to you and I want you here with me so I can protect you."

I stood up from the ground and she looks up at me with tears still streaming down her face. If that little bastard pulls up to my house, I will kill him and he will not to be allowed around my children ever again. I grab her hands and pull her up to stand with me.

"Baby, please. Stay here with me so I can protect you and our children. We don't even have to be in the same room."

"Harry, you know we can't be in the same house together. We..." I stop her with my finger against the her split lip and replace it with my thumb.

"I know we aren't together anymore, but, baby, together or not you will always have a place to stay until you're ready." I say and kiss her forehead. Her arms wrap around my waist and she rests her head underneath my chin "Please stay here with me."

"Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asks me with the sweetest look in her eyes. "I don't want to be alone."

"Of course. Let's get you all cozy." I pick her up gently and lay in the middle of the bed.

Anaïs lays her head on my chest and I feel her body finally relax. I tighten my arms around her and kiss the top of her head.

"Harry?" Her soft voice breaks the moment of silence we were having. She picks her head up to look me in the eyes. "I'm pregnant."