Chapter 1

~2 Years Later~

**Anaïs' POV**

"Rae and Darce, breakfast!!" I shouted and waited for the two pairs of footsteps running down the stairs.

It's been two years since the divorce. I took full custody of the kids and whenever he's not getting drunk with his 'friends' they spend the night at his house. Ramos understands what a divorce is, he's a smart kid for his age. Darcy is just three years old and doesn't understand much.

"Good morning, baby." My fiancé, Bryan greeted me with a kiss on my cheek.

I met Bryan at a grocery store. We ran into each other and long story short, we became a couple after a couple dates. Darcy adores him, but Ramos hates him. He threw a fit, when I said we were moving in with him.

"Mommy!!" Darcy shouted and wrapped her small arms around my leg.

"Good morning, Darce." I picked her up and kissed her cheeks. Giggles left her mouth and she hugged my neck.

"Morning, mommy." Ramos hugged my waist and I kissed his head.

"Morning, Rae. How did you sleep?" I asked him, while placing Darcy in her seat.

"Last night I dreamed about you and daddy." He said and I froze, dropping a bagel on the ground. I quickly picked it up and threw it away.

"Did you now?" I asked with interest in my voice.

"Mhmm...and we were all a big happy family together." He said and put a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"Mommy we go see daddy?" Darcy asked, with food in her mouth.

"Sure, Darce." I said and she squealed, clapping her hands together.

"Okay, kiddos." Bryan said and cleaned off Darcy's chubby cheeks off with a wet napkin, she tried pushing his hands away, hating to wipe her face. "Time for school." He picked Darcy up.

"Bye, mommy." Darcy said and kissed my cheek.

"Bye, Darce." I poked her tummy, making her giggle.

"Mommy, can I ride with you to school?" Ramos asked me, putting on his little puppy dog eyes.

"Rae, I have to run some errands and school is gonna start by the time I'm done." I took the day off today, because I needed to ask a favor from someone.

I knelt down in front of him and he frowned at me. "But I don't like riding with Bryan." He crossed his arms over his chest and complained.

"Why not?" I asked, even though I already knew why.

"Because he tries to take daddy's place." He pouted and I felt like pulling him to me and holding him.

"I'm sorry, Rae, but if you ride with Bryan to school today, daddy will be there to pick you up." I whispered in his ear and a smile made its way onto his face.

"Really?!" He squealed.

"Yep." I nodded my head and he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Thank you, mommy." He kissed my cheek. "I love you." He walked over to the door and Bryan helped him into his big truck. I really don't feel comfortable with my kids riding in that thing. Its to high off the ground. They might fall and hurt themselves.

After they were gone, I walk back upstairs and change into a pair of black skinny jeans, a large gray sweater, a tank top underneath, some combat boots and my hair in a ponytail. Even though I'm a twenty-eight year old mother of two, doesn't mean I can't dress like this. The other mothers may look at me like I've grown two heads, but I don't care.