Chapter 5

(A/N): This is going to be a flashback chapter back to the night Harry took Anaïs away. There will be more chapters like this.

**Flashback**

I look over at the sleeping girl, her body still shaking from fear. Why is she scared of me? I saved her from that disgusting idea of a job.

My hand moves over to her cheek and I move some of her hair from in front of her eyes. Her lips were a dark pink and pouty, eyelashes wet and sticky from her tears, and cheeks red and dirty with her mascara running. Her face looked like a terrified child.

"You're safe now, baby. You don't have to be scared of me." I ran my fingers down her cheek and moved a piece of hair behind her ear.

My exit was coming up and I pulled to the right lane, exiting off the highway. I stopped at the red light and leaned over to kiss her chubby cheek. Her body squirmed away and she turned on her other side.

***

"A room for two please." I said and took out my wallet. The bored guy sighed and typed in his little computer. He told me the amount and I gave him the cash, taking my room key from him.

I opened up my car door and took a bag I always have packed with my clothes. I walked over to the passenger side and pick up the sleeping angel. She cuddled into my chest, trying to find my warmth. A smile formed onto my face and I kissed her forehead. I carried her to the room and opened the door.

Her body was set on the mattress and I kneeled beside her looking her over for any injuries. I noticed a few bruises on her wrist and thighs. Some makeup was put on her neck and I swiped some away with a wet rag. A large bruise and a cut was around her neck. My fists clenched in anger. How dare they hurt my angel?

"Please don't hurt me." Her voice rasped and I looked at her face. Her brown eyes were staring at me.

"I will never hurt you, baby." I said and ran my fingers through her hair. She moved over and brought her knees to her chest.

"I want to go home. Take me home." She whimpered and moved over again when I went to sit beside her. "Leave me alone!!" She screamed.

"Please let me help you." I pleaded and pulled her body to me.

"Let me go!!" She screamed louder, tears streaming down her face.

I held her thrashing body in my arms and kissed her cheek. She screamed and punched me, but I just held onto her. Finally she just gave up and cried into my neck.

"I just want to go home." She cried and fisted my shirt in her hands.

"It's not safe there." I said and felt a tear leave my eye. "I'm sorry, baby."

She cried until she fell asleep in my arms and I laid back onto the mattress. Soft snores left her mouth and her breathing irregular from the crying.

"I promise you from this day on I will protect you, no matter what." I whispered in her ear, leaving a soft kiss.

***

I woke up alone in the bed, causing me to jump up and go on a search. Where the hell did she go?

I ran out the room, my car still parked. I checked the lobby, she's not there. I come back to the room and notice that the shower water is running. A relieved breath left my lips and I sat on the bed.

The water was turned if and her petite body walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her. My eyes scanned her body quickly and I cleared my throat.

"Sorry...I thought you were still sleeping." She mumbled and blushed.

"It's alright. You can borrow something of mine if you want." I said and point to my bag.

"Thank you." She mumbled and walked over to the bag. The towel kept slipping and when it did-thank God she put her bra and panties on-she squealed. There was a cut along her back. She hurried to put my shirt on and I stood to my feet, walking over to her.

"What happened?" I asked quietly and she backed away, shaking her head and holding her hands up. "Who did this?"

"Please...leave it alone." She started to cry.

"Please tell me." I grabbed her wrists lightly and pulled her to me. "I need to protect you."

"I ca-can't tell you. I swore not to tell." She mumbled and looked at the ground.

"How am I going to protect you, if you don't tell me shit?!" I shouted and she jumped.

"Stop yelling at me!!" She screamed and covered her ears with her hands. "Make it stop!!"

She fell to the ground and rocked herself, screaming at the top of her lungs. I got on the ground, sitting behind her, and pulling her back against my chest.

"It's okay...breathe...I need you to breathe, baby." I said and wrapped my arms around her waist. Her breathing was fast and irregular. Her hands over her ears.

"Stop yelling at me. I didn't mean to. It was an accident." She mumbled and shook her head. "Don't hurt me."

I broke down, after hearing those last words slip from her mouth. When I find out who hurt my angel, I will kill them.

***

I placed the sleeping girl in the car and hopped into the car also. She woke up at the sound of the car starting.

"Where are we going?" She asks and sits up, buckling her seatbelt.

"To a friend's house." I say and smile at her.

"I forgot to thank you for my new clothes. You didn't need to buy me anything." She said and looked at her new outfit.

She's dressed in a purple sweater, since it's a little chilly, white skinny jeans with holes in it, purple converse, and a her hair is in natural waves.

"It's not a problem. You look really pretty today. All refreshed and well slept." I comment, causing her to blush.

"Thanks." She played with her sleeves and hid her face with her hair.

"Aww...your blushing." I coo'ed and placed my hand on her thigh. Her whole body stiffening. "Sorry." I lift my hand and put it on the steering wheel. "It's gonna take awhile. You can take a nap if you want."

"Okay." She nodded her head and shift into a comfortable position to fall asleep in.