Taking the leap

Today was Leah's game at the emirates against Man United. I've never actually seen Leah's friends before, so this will be my first time. Her game is at 2pm, which is the perfect time. 

I arrive at the stadium at around half 12, but before I get to the stadium, I arrive at the armoury. I need a shirt, right? Once I get there, people already ask for pictures and stuff, and trying to make conversations with me. After the mob started to calm down, I looked around the shop, and decided to get the bomber jacket, since it would match really well with my fit. I put it on, and headed to the game. Leah's family were actually at the VIP area, which took me by surprise. I wasn't really a huge football fan, but if Leah was there, I was defiantly gonna watch it. Before kick off, I was just chilling on a chair, before a felt a tap on my shoulder. As I looked up, I saw a woman with red hair, quite short, and she had a big smile on her face. I was slightly confused. 

"Erm.. do.. do I know you?" I ask, as she sits next to me. 

"You probably don't. Im Amanda, Leah's mum." She says. That makes so much sense. She turns her whole body towards me, holding out a hand, as I gladly shake it. I have never even seen her mum, and she has never seen me. So how does she know who I am?

"Sorry I came without warning love, Leah was telling me all about you, she never shuts up." She says with a laugh. I have to smile at that. That somehow was really sweet.

"You're Hayley Rookie right? The volleyball captain?"

"Yep." 

"Well, I am actually a big fan of you. Congrats on your trophy by the way, thats amazing!"

"Oh, thanks. It was stressful, but I am happy it's over." I say with a smile. 

"Mum, the game is about to start!" I hear someone say. I look over, and see a boy, a bit younger than me. Mum? Is that her brother or something.

"Oh, right, I am coming!" Amanda says. "Sorry honey, my son is over there. It was good chatting with you. Ill see you soon." She says with a smile, before walking off. Her son? So it is her brother.  I decide to ask Leah about it later,  for now I wanna concentrate on the ball. 

The first half actually goes really well, but I cant stop looking at Leah. The way she runs, her passing skills just make her 10 times more attractive than she already is. She makes a long pass all the way up to Alessia, as she runs to it, and slotting it between the keepers legs. 

Now that was impressive. 

The stadium erupts, and her and Leah are celebrating the goal. The link up between them 2 is actually amazing. 

The half time whistle blows, and it is half time. Arsenal are leading 1-0. It is a really goof game so far. I just hope Leah doesn't get subbed off or anything. During half time, loads of fans ask for pictures and autographs. I think I was actually on the news, saying that I made it todays game. But I dont really know why I am here. 

Second half kicks off, and it actually goes really well. We possess the ball a lot, and Katie McCabe scores an amazing ball from outside the box, making it 2-0. The sun started to show up too, which was nice. Arsenal have one more attack before stoppage time, but then a defender fouls Catlin Foord into the box, and she gave a penalty. Kim Little steps up, and scores. Arsenal won 3-0. What a game. As they do their lap of honour, I don't really think Leah recognised me. But security came up to me around 10 minutes later, and I thought I was in trouble. 

"Are you Hayley Rookie?" He asks. 

"Erm.. yeah.." Is he gonna arrest me? Is he gonna kick me out?

"Leah Williamson wants you to come down, is that possible?" He asks. Leah? Now?

"Er.. yeah corse." I say, and follow him all the way down pitch side. I wait for Leah, and she comes running over to me, giving me the biggest hug ever. I thought she was gonna rip the organs out of me.