Family pt 1

The next evening, we head out in the car to see my family. My family are huge football fans, but unfortunately they support united. Ive never really been interested in football that much, but now that I've met Leah, Im starting to understand why football gets so much attention these days. 

My dad and brother were always football fans, but my my mum only started getting into it after the euros. So Im pretty sure they would love Leah. 

As we sit in the car, I notice that Leah is a bit quieter than usual. Is something bothering her? Is she nervous? I gently grab her hand to show that Im here. 

"Are you okay?" I gently ask. She lets out a quiet but noticeable sigh. 

"Yeah, Im fine. Im just a bit nervous, thats all." She says. Its kinda cute how she thinks that, because I know they are gonna love her anyway. "What if they dont like me?" She suddenly says. 

"I promise they will love you. My brother and mum are big fans of you. Im sure you will be fine. Plus, my mum makes the best roast dinner." I say as she slightly chuckles. 

"Whats your brothers name again? In case I get confused. I dont wanna be calling your brother Bob when his name is Jeff." She mumbles the last part and I gently giggle. She just makes me laugh sometimes. 

"My brother is Daniel, but if you hear either hear me or my mum and dad say 'Dan' or 'Danny' then thats just a nickname." I say as she slightly nods. 

"How old is he?" 

"Old enough." I mumble as I hear her scoff. "Im joking. He is 3 years older. He is married and has a little girl." 

"Aww, thats so cute. Whats her name?"

"Ava. She is turning 4 in a few months."

"That is so cute. You think shes gonna be a strong volleyball player when she's older? Like her aunt?" She asks. I think my cheeks went slightly red from that. 

"Maybe." I mumble. To be fair, Ava is more on the football side than the Volleyball side, but either one is fine for me. 

"Aw. Im sure shes great." She says as I gently let out a huff. Leah doesn't know this, but Ava is actually a bit annoying when she sees new people and Im not really surprised that she doesn't have friends at school. Of corse I love her, but Im a bit scared to see how she will react when she sees Leah.

-

"Are you sure you are ready?" I ask as she takes her seatbelt off. 

"Yes." She says. We head out the car and I knock on the door. They take a while to answer, so we are just standing there in silence. 

"They are gonna love you. I promise." I say as I gently kiss her temple. Just then, the door opens and Daniel is standing by the door. His eyes widen when he sees Leah.

"Oh my god. Leah Williamson?" He says, completely gobsmacked. I look over and Leah looks absolutely mortified.

"Daniel, relax. Just let her be. She's already stressed." I say, putting my arm around her. He takes a few breaths before putting a hand out. 

"Sorry, Im Daniel, Rookies brother." He says, as she hesitantly shakes it. Well thats one good sign. "Its good to see you."

"Its good to see you too." Leah says. A wave of relief just went through my body. Hopefully this is a sign that they will get on.

We then walk into the house and it looks exactly the same to when I left. Leah looks a bit more confident now, but she isn't 100% just yet. Ava hasn't showed up yet and to be honest, that is my worry at the minute.