Chapter 6 - Mare

Authors note:

CHECK OUT MY NEW FANFIC!! (SHADOW AND BONE RELATED) 

OMG OVER 100 VIEWSSS AHHHH THANK YOUUU!!

BECAUSE SOMEONE ASKED ME TO UPDATE, IM UPDATING WAY EARLIER THAN I INTENDED! THIS IS FOR YOU READER (MORE BELOW)

OMG I GOT MY FIRST COMMENT THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! ( you know who you are) You've really made my day so thank you so muchhhhh!!

I'm glad I have readers that are enjoying, I hope y'all keep notifications so that you can be updated when I post!

Again thank you for all the reads and my first comment

🥹🥹

Thank u

- Sheepi

I don't expect to ever open my eyes again. When I do, I'm confused. This can't be real. I ended it. Right? I'm not in my cell, I realize with a sudden jolt. I'm on a bed, a big one in fact, with a huge window to my right. The room has a desk with a chair and a fireplace, but other than that, it's empty.

My head aches. My hands subconsciously go to my neck, where the last thing I remember is slashing my throat. I find nothing, not even a scar, a bump, anything. There's nothing there as if nothing had happened in the first place. My wrists are still chained to each other, with manacles weighing me down like usual, but now they feel much stronger, and it's harder to move.

I remember my letters. What if Maven found them? I try to sit up, or even roll to the side, but my mind is still in a haze and my body is too heavy for me to move. What's happening to me?

The door slams open. A fiery blaze walks through the doorway. Maven. He looks mad, and I'm probably the reason why. He slams the door behind him and stalks over to me, his long legs striding to me easily. He stands over me as I lie there, physically unable to move.

"Why the hell did you do it?" He growls. I don't say anything. "Answer me!" He shouts, making me flinch in surprise. "Never again," He mutters to himself, repeating the words over and over again.

He looks at me suddenly, "Never again," And crouches down to my level. I can barely turn my head to face him, but when I do, I regret it. His eyes are bluer than ever and slightly puffy, and his nose is red. Was he crying because of me? He stares at me for a moment more, before turning around and blazing the fireplace, causing the fire to burn the stone walls.

I gasp at the sight, and he swivels around and faces me. He looks unhinged. I take it as a warning. "Did you think it would've been funny?" He laughs while running his fingers through his hair. "You won't die, Mare," I sit up, ignoring the ache in my bones.

"It wasn't supposed to be funny. It was supposed to be my escape," I say, my voice raspy and unused. He looks amused.

"Escape?" He laughs again. "I would've found you, even in the depths of Hell," I shudder at the thought.

"Not from you," I whisper without realizing. "From myself," I say, the truth hanging in the air. He looks at me. I ignore him and try to get up. I stumble, and he catches me. He props me against his chest, hugging me tightly. I try to push him away, but the fatigue in my bones and his strength doesn't let me.

"I thought I lost you," He whispers. After a moment he says, "I read them. Your letters." I knew he would eventually. I don't say anything. His arms tighten around me. "Did you mean it?" He asks. "You can still love me," I don't know if he's even talking to me anymore.

"You think lies would be my final words?" I ask. "Everything I said was true, especially your brothers' letter," He hisses through his teeth.

"Enough about him," He says through gritted teeth. "I won't ever let you go, and even if you do, you won't ever go back to him,"

"Get away from me," I say, pushing him away from me. "I want to go back to my cage. I'm already feeling better," He smiles.

"I don't think so. You can't be trusted by yourself anymore. You'll be with me at all times." I scowl at him.

"Scared you'll lose me again, Your Majesty?" I snarl. He lets out a sigh.

"Come here," My heart stops. I stay rooted in place. "Move your feet. Mare." I give him the finger. Instantly I remember what caused this to happen.

"What the hell was with the camera?" I yell angrily. "I thought you would never put my body on display for anyone. You lied, again,"

"You think it was for them?" He smirks. "Only I could see it," Anger clouds my vision. I close my eyes to try to calm myself down, but I'm only reminded of the many violations of Maven Calore.

Suddenly I feel something clamp around my neck. My eyes instantly open. My collar is back. Sharper than ever, and instantly dizzying. Maven's smile gleams down at me, and I shove him with strength. I realize too late that my collar's chain is in Maven's hand.

As he stumbled backward, I fall forward, and can barely stretch my hands to slow my fall. I'm on all fours at Maven's feet.

"Begging for forgiveness already?" He sneers. He looks down at me as I scramble to get up. "Let's go."

"Where?" I barely manage to ask before I'm pulled out the doors.

"To the hope you should never have had."

OOOOOH!!! WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT??? MAVEN, MY CHEEKY PRINCE, WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING?

HMMMMM.....? Ok don't worry guys I'll update soon probs this weekend or something because I still have to write some more ya know?

I'm glad you all are enjoying my crazy fanfic!! Thank you! Everyone who reads warms my cursed and messed up heart 🖤🖤

Thank you ☺️ 😊 

- Sheepi