Chapter 5: Ragging?

Nayan Ne Bandh Rakhine Mein Jyara
Tamne Joya Che
Nayan Ne Bandh Rakhine Mein Jyara
Tamne Joya Che

Tum Hi Tum Ho Meri Saanson Mein
Aur Ho Khayalon Mein
Nayan Ne Bandh Rakhine Mein Jyara
Tamne Joya Che

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Author POV

The next day, Aarohi and Ishika were both ready for their first day of college.

Aarohi was wearing a simple white kurti with blue wide jeans paired with a set of jhumkas.

Ishika was wearing a sky blue kurti with blue jeans.

Aarohi POV:

Today is finally the day when all my efforts, sacrifices like weekend family nights, my regular dance routine, and much more, they would pay off today. It's finally the day I have been looking forward to all my life. It's finally my first day at AIIMS with my best friend by my side. I am so stressed, I am happy and excited but nervous at the same time. Then I remembered my dadu's words "whenever you feel stressed or nervous, just go to bhagvan ji, he will disappear all your nervousness in just a minute" and also remembered dadi's words "before starting a day, it is very important to take blessings from god. This makes sure that your entire day goes on without any huge trouble." So I thought to go pray in the small mandir area that me and Ishi made in our room and started chanting the Namokar Mantra.

"णमो अरिहंताणं,

णमो सिद्धाणं,

णमो आयरियाणं,

णमो उवज्झायाणं,

णमो लोए सव्व साहूणं,

एसो पंच णमोक्कारो, सव्व पाव-प्पणासणो।

मंगलाणं च सव्वेसिं, पढमं हवइ मंगलं॥"

After prayers I was waiting for Ishi to get ready. God, she takes way too much time. Soon, she got ready and we took off to college.

Author POV

They both took off to the college and were waiting for Reyansh to come with his friend near the college entrance to show them around campus. They were having some casual talks.

(I = Ishika; A = Aarohi)

I: It feels so surreal yaar, we finally made it to our dream college that too together.

A: I know right! Now I just hope even Taru comes to this college quick yaar.

I: I know, after all we three together only dreamed to come here.

A: Yeahh, god!!! I am so excited!

I: Yeah me too! But I am a bit scared too.

A: why so?

I: woh I have heard in medical colleges ragging is very common, even though MBBS ke samay no one did our ragging but what if here someone does and you know na how emotional I am so if that happens to me (whines) what will I do!

A: Arey! Relax! I am sure nowadays people don't do ragging and stuff yaar.

I: Ya but-

(She was cut of in between by a senior student)

???: Ae you, (to Ishika) what's your name?

I: I..I-Ishika

???: Full name!

I: I-Ishika Singhania

???: Hmm.. And yours? (to Aarohi)

A: A-Aarohi J-Jain

???: Freshers?

A: Ye-yeah

???: So salute me! Don't you know how to respect your seniors?

A & I: (salute being scared)

???: (smirks) now you Ishika, kiss me.

I: (widens her eyes) H-huh!?

???: Kiss me

Aarohi POV

Me and Ishika were talking when some guy came up to us asking our names and if we were freshers. Then we realised he was our senior at college, and whatever Ishi was being scared for came true. He is trying to rag us. But the moment he said to Ishi to kiss him, I was shocked, even though anger was boiling within me, I knew I couldn't do anything, else it would just result in the ruining of mine and Ishi's academic year. After all if I say anything to a senior, all the seniors together can ruin our entire year, forget year they can ruin our entire college life. I have to think practically. While I was in my thoughts, I spotted someone from my side eyes and shouted to call him.

Wishing you all happy Mahavir Jayanti.

Hope you all are liking the story so far!

Please do vote and leave your comments!