Chapter 16: The chance

Ishaan POV
When Neha asked Tara what type of guys she likes, I got way too alert. And I thought I will change myself to become the type of guy she likes. But when she said all those things while looking at me, it felt as though she was describing me itself. I don't know why, but for a moment I felt that maybe even she loves me. But how can that happen? If she did love me, she would have confessed her feelings to me when I confessed mine, wouldn't she? But anyways, I don't care if she already loves me or not, I would still make small efforts to win her heart every single day. Right now, all of us guys are in Kabir's room, my twinnie's to be husband, to discuss the plan for his and Rohan's bachelor party.

"So what have you guys planned for the party?" Reyansh bhai asked them. Both of them just looked at each other and said in unison "Poker night!!" Our eyes widened in excitement and me and Shrey jumped on them while shouting "hurrayyyy". While Reyansh bhai and Vihaan bhai also shouted with us but shook their heads when they saw that we jumped on Kabir and Rohan.

"By the way, any idea what the girls are upto?" I asked to know how can I talk to Tara and make a small effort to win her heart. ❤️ Everyone just shrugged their shoulders and got busy in talking but I was thinking how to talk to Tara...

Tara POV

Right now, we are all in Ishana's room to discuss our plans for her and Arini's bachelorette party.

"So we have decided that we would go clubbing at night and the entire day we would stay here itself. However, we won't tell the guys that we are going clubbing, instead we will tell them that we are just going for girls night out, like to a salon to pamper ourselves." Ishana said and before anyone else could say anything, Arini continued, "And that's not completely a lie, cause we would go to the salon to get ready. So girls, are you with us!?"

"Hell yeahh" we all shouted in unison and then burst out laughing. 😂

We all were deciding what to do throughout the day since our plan is of evening when Kabir bhai called and said they don't have a plan the entire day instead have plan of night, so we all decided to let the couples spend some couple time during the day.

I was walking at the poolside thinking about Ishaan. He said he would try to win my heart, but he hasn't done anything yet. I wonder what he would plan to do? How would he win my heart? I don't know why but I genuinely want him to win my heart. I mean, he's a good guy, isn't he? No, in fact he's a great guy. And I can see it in his eyes that he loves me a lot and can do everything for this love of his. Then yesterday night, why did I look at Ishaan while saying all those things. Even though I answered it all truthfully, when at night I recapped what all I said, I realised that every single thing fits Ishaan perfectly. Whatever I said, it's true for Ishaan. Why? Have I fallen in love with him? Or perhaps I loved him since I first met him?

I was lost in my thoughts when suddenly "BHOOOOOOO". I lost my balance and shut my eyes tightly waiting for the fall. But when I realised I didn't fall, I opened my eyes just to meet the amber brown coloured eyes staring at me. I recognized this pair of eyes very well. My one and only husband, Ishaan Shah. His eyes, which usually held many emotions in them depicting some inner turmoil, just held one emotion currently, that's love. Love for me. Love for my soul. An unconditional love. Maybe this love is not just one-sided, maybe even I have fallen in love with him. I am not sure if I love him, but I want to give this marriage a chance.

I got so lost in his eyes that I didn't even realise when he made me stand straight until his voice interrupted me "Back to Earth, Mrs. Shah!" My heart skipped its beat when I heard him call me 'Mrs. Shah'. After regaining my composture, I questioned "What are you doing here?"

"Well, everyone had decided to let couples spend the day together, so I came to spend time with you" He answered with sincerity in his voice making my stomach flip. I checked around to see if anyone saw us together; thankfully, no one is around. So I warned him "Ishaan, no one here knows that we are married and are a couple so please no one can see us together." He nonchalantly shrugged and answered, "All other couples are busy romancing, and the singles are busy sleeping as they were tired, so there is no one who would see us together....."

"So Mrs. Tara Ishaan Shah, would you give me the pleasure of spending some time with you?" He said while dramatically bowing and forwarding a bouquet of white lilies. I accepted the bouquet and said while giggling "Sure, why not Mr. Shah".

"By the way, beautiful bouquet." I continued while looking at the flowers with admiration. "Well, not more than you" He said while staring at my face lovingly. My cheeks heated up, a sign that I was blushing. "How'd you know I love lilies?" I asked in curiosity. "Well, it's a husband's duty to know about his wife's likes and dislikes" He said while looking deep into my eyes. My cheeks heated up much more making me feel high burning sensations. I cleared my throat to regain my composure, I could see Ishaan controlling his laughter from the corner of my eyes.

I decided to ask him a question that I wanted to ask since now I know that I want to give this marriage a chance. Not just as a hidden marriage, but openly.

"Ishaan"

"Yes"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"No need to take permission sweetheart, just ask"

I took a deep breath and let it out "Do you think our families would accept our marriage?" Before he could say anything, I continued pouring in all my emotions, "Even though we didn't marry willingly, or ran from our house to get married, basically not do anything wrong, still. We got married. Without anyone's presence from our families. We got bonded in this relationship maybe not by our will, but by destiny. We have bonded in a holy relationship of marriage. I..... I just feel that we should inform everyone about this marriage. It is not correct to hide it from everyone. I have always felt that marriage is not just the union of two people but of two families and we are keeping those two families in dark about this union. I feel it is extremely wrong."

"I don't know what's right and what's wrong Tara, but I know that I am not happy lying to our families about this. However, I don't want anyone to force you into this marriage Tara. You just once say that you are ready to give this marriage a chance, we will tell everyone about it then. But please take your time and tell me when you are genuinely ready Tara, I really don't want to force you. Even though I know that my love will be enough for us to spend our lifetime together, I know you wouldn't be happy with a man whom you don't love, and I can not see you sad Tara. I love you enough to let you go for your happiness." He said with all genuineness.

The last line 'I love you enough to let you go' struck a chord in my heart. I realised that my decision to give this marriage a chance is my best decision. "I want to give this marriage a chance." I said causing his face to jerk towards me and say in surprise "What?"

I took a deep breath and said "I want to give this marriage a chance Ishaan. I don't know if I love you or not, but I do know that I like you. And I know you enough to know that I won't be regretting this decision."

I could see tears of happiness in his eyes, he enveloped me in a hug, our first hug that gave me a sukoon I didn't know I needed. "Thank you so much Tara, I promise, you will never regret your decision". I hugged him back smilingly. After a while we pulled apart and he said "We will tell everyone tomorrow after returning home itself, ok?" I just nodded with a small smile. We realised that it was already 4 p.m. so we went towards our rooms to get ready for the bachelor and bachelorette party, even though we are no longer bachelors.

How are you all liking the story so far?

Please do vote and leave your comments!

Do follow me on Instagram as well, for fun scene reels and some spoilers!

Instagram id: cookie200716_