CHAPTER 5: WARM HEARTS, COLD SNOW

(3rd pov)
Word count: 2197

Bruce had locked himself in his room for almost an hour before he heard a soft knock on the door while he was reading some random book he picked up on his bookshelf, he was gently bopping his head to the song playing on his vinyl ( This Night Has Opened My Eyes - The Smiths).

He slips a bookmark into whatever page he was on and he unlocks the door, which quickly opens.
Now Gwen stands in front of him.

Gwen gives him a concerned smile. "Hey, Bruce."

"Hey, what's up?" He responds in a cheery tone.

She frowns. "Uhm, are you feeling any better? You've been in your room for a while..."

Bruce's eyebrows raise. "Did I make you worry? I'm all good so don't worry, I just needed a little distraction, it's no big deal." He attempts to reassure the younger girl.

"Do you promise?" Gwen asks, putting her pinky finger out.

Bruce links his pinky finger around Gwen's. "I promise." He lets go of her, looking down at her. "Now, is there something that you need?"

"It's still snowing so everyone was wondering if you wanted to go outside with us for a bit..." Gwen says.

Bruce smiles. "Oh! Yeah, of course! I'll be down in a minute." He turns to grab something off of his desk. "And make sure to wrap up warm, I don't want you guys catching a cold."

Gwen's face lights up. "Okay! I'll tell the others." She replies, swiftly turning on her feet, running down the steps. "HE SAID YES!" She yells down the stairs.

Bruce chuckles, Gwen reminds him a lot of his younger sister, Amy. She shared homeroom with Gwen, she's very excitable and one of the kindest people he's ever met.

Sure, younger siblings are annoying most of the time, the two would constantly argue about the most pathetic things, driving their parents mad.

But sometimes Amy was actually alright, whenever she had a problem about some stupid bully, Bruce was always the first person she'd go to for advice.

Much to his parents disapproval, Bruce would make sure that those bullies would stay away from her, he wouldn't hurt them.
Actually, all they needed was a glimpse of his baseball bat and they wouldn't even go near her.

Bruce grabs his coat, slipping his arms through the sleeves. Next, he carefully wraps his dark green scarf around his neck, adjusting it to make sure it doesn't end up undoing itself and falling off.

He puts  his black winter gloves on one of his hands before he looks up at the mirror on his bedroom door, running his right hand through his hair and fixing any stray strands of hair.

Once Bruce is satisfied, he pulls on his other glove and he eagerly makes his way down the wooden staircase.

Through the open door that leads to the living room, he spots the others waiting for him, all of them wearing a mix of long and short coats, hats, earmuffs, scarves, winter gloves and mittens.

All of them apart from Vance, who is dressed in a slightly oversized hoodie, a pair of jeans and some black boots, alongside his choker that he never seems to take off.