CHAPTER 8: LADIES MAN

(3rd pov)
Word count: 1871

After serving breakfast for everyone, Jim stops by at around 11AM.
He hands all the kids some spending money from Dr Sokolov and he plans out the route the kids are supposed to take to get around Hawkins.
He says that if there's any problems they should go to Melvald's General Store and ask for a woman named Joyce Byers and if absolutely necessary, he'll be out on patrol so they can give the police station a ring.

Since Bruce has a car with the most seats, he's now behind the steering wheel, following all of the directions Vance is giving him from the map.

(Layout of the car)

Bruce's favourite Christmas song is playing quietly on the radio, Last Christmas by Wham!

Bruce's favourite Christmas song is playing quietly on the radio, Last Christmas by Wham!. It had only released earlier this month but it's instantly became Bruce's favourite.

Billy is sat in the back with Gwen, Bruce can faintly hear them arguing about if Halloween is better than Christmas.

Billy's argument is that on Halloween, he gets to put Harper in matching costumes. He says that last time he went trick or treating, Billy wore a Batman costume while dressing up Harper as Robin.

"Yeah, well in Christmas you can just dress up as Santa and Rudolph or Santa and one of his elves." Gwen counters.

Billy pauses. "True..."

"And it's your birthday month." Gwen adds and Billy's head perks up.

"Is it?"

"You forgot your own birthday? It's on the 12th..." Gwen frowns.

"It's one of the only things I can't remember yet, it's been almost 3 years since I've last celebrated it."

"Now that I think about it, I don't remember mine either..." Griffin says, turning his head to look at the two in the back, Gwen sighs.

Hearing that sends a stinging sensation Bruce's his chest.
Bruce wants nothing more than these kids to live the lives that they deserve, to be protected from harm.
And Bruce is prepared to do anything for the other 6 kids he so happens to be living with.

"September 8th. Robin's is February 3rd, Vance's is August 10th and Bruce's is 12th June." Gwen informs the ghost boys and Billy smiles.

"Bruce! We're both born on the 12th!" Billy exclaims and Bruce glances at him through the car mirror.

"That's awesome!" Bruce grins. "Anyway, what do you want for your birthday, Billy?"